Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia keeps restarting

SOLVED
DaveGayle
Visitor

Xperia keeps restarting

A few days ago my Xperia XZ premium started randomly restarting whilst in standby and whilst in use. This is happening throughout the day and night.

At a similar time my wife's Xperia has also started doing the same.

The fact that both phones are doing this would suggest that it is a software or App issue?

I have done the following without resolve:

-Soft reset

-Removed sim/sd card and restarted

-Checked all apps up to date and phones running on latest software.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I would rather not factory reset if I can avoid it!

39 REPLIES 39
anlsons
Visitor

@Jonas 2 days past since sd card removed and no restart. İ m very happy thank u very much.

Almost 6 months upper volume button was not good working. Sometimes working sometimes not. but when sd card removed it working Fine.  Can be connection sd card and button problem. Or Just coussidence 

Sorry about  bad english

ZAIN9246
Visitor

Mine restarts when I connect to charging.

anlsons
Visitor

İf charcing  socket was wet it happens. Wait until fully dry then try charge. 

Jonas
Master

Hi again @anlsons!

Sorry for the very late reply, I was home in bed with fever last week. Slightly_frowning_Face

That is really good news and I'm glad to hear that not only is the device not restarting any longer, the volume button works fine now as well.

It's very hard to say if  the volume button was fixed by removing the SD card or if it just started working out of the blue. I guess we won't know for sure unless you insert a different SD card and see how it works with that one!

Hopefully everything will continue to work as it should! Slightly_smiling_Face

Jonas
Master

Hi @ZAIN9246, sorry to hear that.  Slightly_frowning_Face

Is there any change if you charge it with just the cable and a USB port instead of using the cable and the wall mounted charger? If you have a different cable and charger you can of course see if it occurs with that one as well.

Let me know if that helps!

LOU88
Visitor

My Xperia 10 continously restarts in the early hours whilst on charge. Sometimes I need to boot into safemode to get the phone back on and working.

I wanted to return th phone but seems others are having issues so I'd like to know if anyone else has had a similar issue and can it be resolved or do I need to completely change handset? 

Jonas
Master

Hi @LOU88, sorry to hear about this.

Has the device ever restarted while you are using or it's idle and not charging? If it only restarts while charging, are you using the charger and cable that came with the device or are you using a different one?

If you are using the charger and cable that came with the device, could you please try and restart in safe mode before you to go bed > charge the device as you normally do and see if it has restarted or not. This will tell us if a downloaded application is the cause of the restarts or not.

Keep in mind that this thread is 14 months old and is in the Xperia XZ Premium board, so all the reports in here are not about the Xperia 10!

Keep me posted! Slightly_smiling_Face

Mickeyfinn
Visitor

Finally solved this, it was the Google App. Go into Playstore, search Google, when it comes up select uninstall, then you should get option to uninstall updates, select yes, and that's it, problem solved. At last.! 

Jonas
Master

Hi @Mickeyfinn, awesome!

I have never heard that this specific application could cause the device to restart, but I guess an app is an app and even the Google ones can someone be the cause!

Thank you for sharing your solution and have a nice day! Slightly_smiling_Face

CeroMetralleta
Visitor

@Mickeyfinn wrote:

Finally solved this, it was the Google App. Go into Playstore, search Google, when it comes up select uninstall, then you should get option to uninstall updates, select yes, and that's it, problem solved. At last.! 

Thank you friend. I'll try here on Xperia XZs to see if it works. I had tried everything and nothing worked. I hope it works here, thanks for returning to the topic and presenting a possible solution.
Sorry for my English.