Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia XZ running hot

100rabh
Visitor

Xperia XZ running hot

During All these Security Patch updates the XZ is always running hot 

I am on Latest August Build and Have Reset my Phone after that ...

I noticed even after not using the phone it is running 3-4 C higher than my Moto Z play  ... i tried it on safe mode ... same result 

Room Temp = 20 C , XZ temp = 30 C , Z Play Temp 27 C 

I would like to Know any1 else facing this problem ? coz as soon as i start using my phone it shoots up to 36-40C .... 

28 REPLIES 28
SamiSawani
Visitor

I can confirm that the heating is real and sony should work on it next patch 

profile.country.en_GB.title
naeem98
Visitor

I am usually unable to even use my camera as the temperature is too high. I really wish I knew all the problems I'd be having with this phone before I got it. 

100rabh
Visitor

I hope more users report coz almost everyone is facing this

Debbie88dc
Visitor

Yes I am also having problems with my phone. It's always overheating and more recently I cannot seem to text as it keeps crashing and I get a sorry messaging is not responding 

Mrswacker
Visitor

Whilst videoing on my XZ, it comes up that due to an increase in device temperature, certain things will get turned off, or won't work and the back of the phone gets almost too hot to touch. Is this normal!? Doesn't seem right to me... 

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Mrswacker

That's normal, certain apps will heat up the phone faster, watching a lot of videos, playing games, etc will speed this up. 

Mrswacker
Visitor

But I'm not watching videos, I'm taking videos. But finding it hard when the phone gets almost too hot to hold! 

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Mrswacker

Yeah that's normal, there might be other apps in the background and also network coverage will speed this up

CameronT
Champion

Hi @Mrswacker,

Do you experience the same thing when the phone is in safe mode