Join now - be part of our community!

XZ notifications issues

SOLVED
AvPyper
Visitor

XZ notifications issues

Recently upgraded from a Z3 to an XZ and have been having a few issues - small stuff but still annoying.

I use the normal Xperia e-mail app for my e-mails - which are all Gmail - rather than downloading and using the Gmail app (don't like it) and having been having issues with e-mail coming through. I have changed sync settings to push but it doesn't seem to be working - only when I manually refresh it then pulls e-mails through. Any advice? I do have Doze installed and have just now set it to continue letting e-mails come through even when phone is idle so don't know if that will work....

Also - how am I able to see if I have any notifications when the screen is locked? This one is odd since when the screen is locked some stuff will show on the locked screen and some won't and when I unlock the screen the notifications go away despite me not having read them and I have to go into the actual app to see them rather than just pull down on the notification bar on top of the screen and select the one I want? e.g I'll have a notification from FB/ an e-mail - I can see it on my locked screen - but when I unlock my phone the notifications will go away and I will have to go to the app where it still shows I have an unread email / notification and then I click on the app and then it let's me see it. Any help?

Lastly when I make a call the screen just goes black and flashes on and off if I've gone into the main menu and then want to go back to the call to end it... if I want to enter something on my keypad or just go back into the main menu sometimes the screen will do the same and won't let me do anything..th A **bleep** nuisance if i'm trying to go into the main menu during an ongoing call or end the call after going into the main menu. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

You can find settings in battery settings to turn off doze features for certain apps.
Regarding notifications, you have to set the lockscreen to show all notifications in settings, lock screen and security, configure notifications.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
YoGem
Leader

@AvPyper did you try clearing settings for the email app, deleting the account and trying re-adding it?

AvPyper
Visitor

@YoGem tried deleting all the e-mails and redoing the process of setting up e-mails and that didn't work... 

any idea about how to get the notifications to show on the home screen?

Xevious
Visitor

I am having some notifications issues as well on Android Nougat. Sometimes push notifications don't come in when the phone is asleep, they all pour in at once when I wake the phone back up. Very strange problem 😕

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

You can find settings in battery settings to turn off doze features for certain apps.
Regarding notifications, you have to set the lockscreen to show all notifications in settings, lock screen and security, configure notifications.
Xevious
Visitor

@Viridis wrote:

Oh okay, I think turning off battery optimization for the apps in question might have fixed this. Thank you

AvPyper
Visitor

@viridis this seems to have worked at least for getting emails as they're sent - tested it from my one of my other gmails on the app and also from a hotmail address and notifications are coming through okay so think it must've been the battery optimisation...

hope this will work for emails sent by 3rd parties as well fingers crossed and emails will sync properly

turned off optimisation for facebook as well so hope that will work too

isbesheer
Visitor

It'll work for a while then it'll stop receiving notifications again. That's what happened with me. Notifications from all apps are "inconsistent" to say the least. My trusted old Z1C gets them all perfectly though. I hope in 2 years time the XZ will work just as well.