Join now - be part of our community!

XZ2 & Android 10 - 52.1.A.0.532

omoeller
Visitor

XZ2 & Android 10 - 52.1.A.0.532

Just received Andoid upgrade to 10 52.1.A.0.532 - most of the functions seems to work without any hassel. What I recognized is, that the fingerprint reader is responding with a much bigger delay than before - seems to be a high lag time. Anybodey else with same xperience or any other issues?

299 REPLIES 299
floater
Visitor

Thanks.

I think this is the best fix advice on here. 

I used the Companion app and managed to do a Software Repair (no default resetting and I already had a google drive backup in place from earlier in the day) and got release candidate R3C so looks like Sony is actively working on things.

For those with questions around not finding the version  OTA or not seeing it on the phone after installation via the companion. Looks like the companion software automagically grabs the latest version available VS the OTA updates which presumably requires some coordination between Sony and which ever network you happen to be on, so lags behind the companion software.

When using the companion pay attention the updates version, there you will see the last three digits mentioned in this post (like R1C & R3C).

Phone is still restoring but I can already see an improvement in the finger print scanner...so I'm hopefull. 

Also for those who might have seen my previous comment on "stamina mode" settings... that helped in the end, but did not sort out the entire range of issues and lag introduced with the OTA update. 

Hope this helps.

matrix0n2
Visitor

i havent update yet to android 10 since not many people have possitive feedback. nobody has mention that face recognition is not longer working on android 10. and nothing about gesture navigation yet.is the fingerprint sensor working propertly after the repair with sony' companion software.

Andrji
Visitor

I have update, and it's all ok!))) 

Keenjau
Visitor

I will definitely wait until the next update for my 6GB Hong-Kong Version.

Until then, well,  it's Android 9 with November security patch.

Never touch a running system and never update blindly (disable all automatic updates ) is all I can say as a former IT systems admin. 

Keep a close eye on forums etc what users / beta testers have to say about their shiny new OS versions. 

Feedback positive = update. 

Lioneer
Visitor

Please where, in companion, can i see version? (R1c or r3c) Thank you

Tomek33
Visitor

Understand, version of Android 10 for XZ2 or XZ3 is only one, marked as 52.1.a.0.532!

Customization has no matter how system works. There are many customizations for example:

R1B/C

R2B

R3B/C

R5A

R6A

R7C

R9C.

This number only says what content (aplications, etc) is in the software 

Ultimatepump
Visitor

Do you know why I am not getting the 10 update?  

jjmartinezh
Visitor

I installed Android 10 in my ZX2 a week ago. The installation was successful but, after suffering lags, fingerprint issues, broken icons,..... I followed Sony´s advice and decided to do a software fix using Sony Companion. (that means re-installing all the apps and re-configuring the phone again).

I´ve done it twice and the problems are still there. 

After this experience and after reasing the posts in this and other forums, I can only conclude the Android 10 sofware released by Sony for the ZX2 is buggy and not properly tested.

Sony needs to release a new version asap fixing all the bugs their customers have been complaining about for some weeks now.

Keenjau
Visitor

I guess the Sony dev team is working hard behind the scenes.

The only company which value their customers.

Fix coming soon, just 1 month in. 

x2349
Visitor

So i did a software repair via Xperia Companion and it didnt change anything for me. Fingerprint sensor does not often react when phone is off. maybe this will help you. i activated inactivity display, i dont know what it is exactly called in English exactly because i use german language, and now i hardly notice slow fingerprint. what i also recognized is stamina is making Phone useless. sometimes fine and sometimes it doesnt react at all.