Join now - be part of our community!

XZ2 Broken Speaker Issue?

BardofLore
Visitor

XZ2 Broken Speaker Issue?

I've gone through two phones in the last couple of days. My audio will sound ok and then sound like it's blown out. Nothing in Safe Mode has helped me, and my diagnostics test doesn't really solve any problem. This is also from right out of the box. So I don't have any apps that may be affecting it.

35 REPLIES 35
profile.country.GB.title
980ctane

Hi,

Did anyone resolve this? I have just bought this phone today and am experiencing the same issue. Factory Reset resolves it then after a while it comes back.

Can someone from Sony please advise? 

Thanks

SR147
Visitor

I really hope a software update will solve this issue. 

gh1234
Visitor

This started to happen this morning for me as well.

I preordered the phone and had no such issues till now, don't know what caused this, used to work last night.

It sounds like the speaker itself or something else inside the phone picks up some frequencies and resonates way too much. I'm not sure if this is software related, especially as this only affects one of the speakers.

MaverickCK
Visitor

I also have the problem on my yesterday purchased phone, that the upper speaker is not working correct. During playing music or videos it is not working at all, during calls it is far too low volume even with volume setting to 100%. 

Any feedback from Sony so far? 

gh1234
Visitor

I had a chat with a support agent today. They told me to send the phone in for repair (tried software repair before).

I'll report back once I get my phone back. They will probably just change the faulty speaker Slightly_smiling_Face

ElaineYu_HK
Visitor

@gh1234 wrote:

I had a chat with a support agent today. They told me to send the phone in for repair (tried software repair before).

I'll report back once I get my phone back. They will probably just change the faulty speaker Slightly_smiling_Face

I have my speakers broken first in Early July, sent it to Sony for repair, got it back the next day with the speakers changed.  Then after using it a few days, the speaker cracked again.  I sent it back to repair the 2nd time last weekend, and guest what?  the speaker cracked today!

What ia the meaning of an repair when it fails to solve the problem?

When I asked the sony girl just now to ask the repai guy what could possobly  cause the problem again and again and now again, she told me they only  replace bad components and are not responaible to find out the reason.

SO What can I do, except holding me breath and pray that this time the repair do actually work??  

niremetal
Visitor

@gh1234

Where are you based?  If you're in the United States, I would not hold my breath on getting your phone back from repair.  And if you do, I'll be curious to know what you did.  You can read my ongoing ordeal from sending my XZ2 off for repair of its faulty speaker here:

/t5/Xperia-XZ2/Speaker-problem-followed-by-horrendous-customer-service/m-p/1335169#M1496

gh1234
Visitor

Reading your post I'm seriously happy not to be US based. Sorry to hear your story, that sounds awful. 

I'm from Germany, I got a shipping label via email, got an email when my package has been picked up from the shipping facility nearby, got an email when it arrived at the German repair partner, when they accepted to repair it as part of the warranty. Plus there is an online portal which currently reports "repair process started". 

I'm pretty happy with this level of transparency.

ElaineYu_HK
Visitor

I got so fed up with the repair (based in Hong Kong by the way) that I wrote an email to Sony JP via their website.  I couldn't find the proper email address in sony mobile jp, so I just use the email I found in Sony jp for gerenal purpose.  Link here: https://entry1.sony.jp/base/inq/cic/cic-all.html

Email is limited to 1000 characters, and all english character should change into full width or else the email system will not subit it.  (change half width -> full width here: http://en.calc-site.com/letters/convert_full_half)

I sent the email on last Thursday, not so much to complaint but to leave a goodbye message, then submit again my phone for repair on Friday, got it back on Sat.  On this Monday, I received first a follow-up call from Sony for my feedback to their service (this is a usual practice), and half an hour later an other extra call from again the Sony Care Centre, saying that they received my email and if the same problem happen again they will help to follow up my case bla bla bla.....Well at least they acknowledged my problem now....

gh1234
Visitor

I got my phone back in less than a week. Speaker and other (small) parts have been replaced.

The speaker sounds great again. Hope it will stay this way Slightly_smiling_Face