Join now - be part of our community!

Authorized service center does not accept to look at my device, Z3compact, out of warranty

SOLVED
rancid
Visitor

Authorized service center does not accept to look at my device, Z3compact, out of warranty

The authorized service center at my current location refuses to repair or even take a look at my z3 compact because they are not the ones who sold it to me.

I got my device from a neighboring country, from another "Authorized" Sony distributor.

Is this some kind of joke, "authorized"?

Sony has authorized service centers but they are do not accept to repair devices not sold by them specifically.

Do I really have to wait until my next trip to the where I got the phone to repair it?

Then what is the point of having "authorized service centers"?

Sorry, but I am a little annoyed with the situation and all the "authorized" rubish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rancid
Visitor

Thank you for your response.

My phone stopped responding after a while when I connected to charger after it switching off due to low battery.

No light in LED when connected to charger nothing. Like - [/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/Sudden-Death-of-Sony-xperia-Z3-Compact/td-p/877345].

I left the phone for a day, and the next day when I connected it to the charger it started charging. It also started to boot, but kept on rebooting during boot animation process.

So, I flashed the latest software using Flashtool, Androxyde since I use linux and do not have access to Windows PC.

Now it booted up to the setup up process, but once again rebooting before I could finish setting up.

That is when I went to the Authorized service centre and tried to get help. They would not even check the problem.

The other day I found a store which also services phones and they took a look at my device.

The technician said it might be a software problem and in any case they will first make sure before diagnosing the battery, (and opening the device up).

They restored software and it booted with no problems. So, for the past 2-3 days my phone has been working.

It is a shame that I was refused service from the AUTHORIZED service centre for a simple problem which could have been repaired quickly with a software upgrade.

I now understand why Sony has been suffering when it comes to its mobile division, as they deal with horrible service centres when there are other ones that actually try to fix your phone and not force you to buy a new device instead of repairing.

If only Sony listen to complaints, even though they might be silly. But stupid situations like these are where you lose customers.

When an unauthorized service centre is willing to give me the time to listen and try to repair my phone, while the AUTHORIZED service centre does not even look at my device, it says a lot about the company.

Thank you for your time

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@rancid

I understand your frustration but the warranty its only applicable at the country it was sold, you will have to contact that specific Xperia repair center.  

rancid
Visitor

@uliwooly

That is not the issue. I understand that.

Also, my warranty period ended, (already more than a year since I got device).

I was told by an Xperia support team, through emailing contact us page, that the "authorized" service centre at my location should accept to repair my device "out of warranty".

I went to the "authorized" service centre and they told me that they have battery replacements for z3compact for $50 they will change it.

But, when they saw the colour of my device, red, they told me they are not allowed to repair nor sell me the battery because I did not buy my device from them, as they never had the red version of z3 compact.

My issue is that Sony "authorizes" this centre, but this "authorized" centre only repairs devices if they sold it.

So I do not understand what the "authorized" means?

Shouldn't any "authorized" centre repair Sony devices even if they were not sold by them, since they are "authorized" to do so?

If not, what is the point of "authorizing" places?

Thank you for your time

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@rancid

A bit of slippery slope here, Sony can only repair devices that are sold or have been released in such market, lets say that your country released the Xperia Z3 Compact but the red variant was only available in a different country, that's the reason they don't want to repair it, this is my opinion, if they had to replace the housing or lcd or back panel, perhaps it will make sense but if they have to repair anything else I don't see the problem, but that's my take on it. Perhaps you could talk to a supervisor. Could you tell us more about the issue with your device?

rancid
Visitor

Thank you for your response.

My phone stopped responding after a while when I connected to charger after it switching off due to low battery.

No light in LED when connected to charger nothing. Like - [/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/Sudden-Death-of-Sony-xperia-Z3-Compact/td-p/877345].

I left the phone for a day, and the next day when I connected it to the charger it started charging. It also started to boot, but kept on rebooting during boot animation process.

So, I flashed the latest software using Flashtool, Androxyde since I use linux and do not have access to Windows PC.

Now it booted up to the setup up process, but once again rebooting before I could finish setting up.

That is when I went to the Authorized service centre and tried to get help. They would not even check the problem.

The other day I found a store which also services phones and they took a look at my device.

The technician said it might be a software problem and in any case they will first make sure before diagnosing the battery, (and opening the device up).

They restored software and it booted with no problems. So, for the past 2-3 days my phone has been working.

It is a shame that I was refused service from the AUTHORIZED service centre for a simple problem which could have been repaired quickly with a software upgrade.

I now understand why Sony has been suffering when it comes to its mobile division, as they deal with horrible service centres when there are other ones that actually try to fix your phone and not force you to buy a new device instead of repairing.

If only Sony listen to complaints, even though they might be silly. But stupid situations like these are where you lose customers.

When an unauthorized service centre is willing to give me the time to listen and try to repair my phone, while the AUTHORIZED service centre does not even look at my device, it says a lot about the company.

Thank you for your time

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@rancid

Anytime