Join now - be part of our community!

Camera Update?

SOLVED
PenOne
Visitor

Camera Update?

I just received some kind of Camera Update but couldn 't find a changelog. Can someone clear up what jappenend (except different UI)

Thanks PenOne
14 REPLIES 14
VegasRooted
Visitor

After this latest Camera app update (to my Z5P and my wife's Z5C), most of the camera settings menu is now invisible. If you hit the gear wheel (settings button), you can then hit the down arrow and scroll down through a now-empty screen, even though the scroll bar on the right side will still be moving up and down. You can also touch in theScreenshot_2015-12-08-20-39-47.png empty space and you will randomly select the extra settings that are actually there still, but are now invisible. (Such as internal or SD card for storage, shutter sound on or off, changing what the dedicated camera button does, changing what the volume rocker does.) Basically, every setting below "Resolution" is now invisible after the update. See screenshot of the invisible settings space.  If you uninstall this update and roll back to the previous stock camera app, the full settings menu is again visible. Take the update again, and all settings after Resolution are again invisible.

Bandolero
Contributor

Hi, How about try to install from here. Turn of the unknown source from security be install.

If don't work. Try to clear the camera app data and restart the phone to see if it resolve.

VegasRooted
Visitor

I tried that on my Z5P, twice actually. No luck. Wife's Z5C suffers the same invisible camera settings issue as well. App data cleared, reloaded the app, nothing fixes the issue. Only thing left would be a factory data reset of the whole phone then reload everything, but don't want to do that just yet. Rolled both of our camera's back from the 2.0 camera build to the factory build for now. Thanks for the suggestions, in any case! Cheers!
ppiixx
Visitor

Go to settings/developer options and set 'animator duration scale' back to the default (1x) then kill/restart the camera app and the rest of the menu should reappear.

VegasRooted
Visitor

That was the solution! I always turn off all animations in the Developer options, so turning them back on did indeed correct it! Thank you so much!!!

Cheers!