Join now - be part of our community!

Red LED

SOLVED
JHauss
Visitor

Red LED

What specifically can the red led mean?

I plugged in a usb and the led turned red, then phone shut off.

Can't get it to do anything except the red led turns on after I plug it in.

No download mode, no vibrations, and no blinking.

No idea what happened except that maybe the usb had water damage?

It was raining a bit this morning and the cord sits in my backpack which was exposed to said rain.

Certainly didn't feel at all wet, but maybe a drop or something got into one of the connectors.

The other end was plugged into my laptop, and that port still works fine.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

Hi JHauss,

The Volume up and Power key together allow the handset to perform a simulated battery pull, essentially allowing the device to boot in the appropriate mode.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@JHauss

Battery level its less than 15%, if the phone its off and it only flash the LED notification (Red) then the battery its at 0% 

Connect the phone to a wall charger > press and hold power & volume up for 10 seconds > let it charge for 2 to 3 hours > if that doesn't help then contact your Local support

JHauss
Visitor

Thanks for the reply!

It was at 30 ~ 40ish percent though.

Could an electrical short of sorts cause the battery to discharge the remaining capacity that quickly?

Also, what will holding the up vol do after plugging it in?

Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

Hi JHauss,

The Volume up and Power key together allow the handset to perform a simulated battery pull, essentially allowing the device to boot in the appropriate mode.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@JHauss

hard to tell if there's water damage unless you get it inspected by your Local support

JHauss
Visitor

Wow I had no idea.

That feature almost kept me from getting this phone haha, cool.

So when you plug the usb back in doesn't matter right?

Is it like a self-timed feature, or the battery is 'disconnected' as long as those keys are held down?

Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

Plugging the USB cable back in after holding these keys will not cause any issues, once they are pressed and held for a short period of time the handset should action the task, you will notice that the handset vibrates when it has been done correctly.