Join now - be part of our community!

Screen Off Animation?

SOLVED
sjone
Visitor

Screen Off Animation?

Hey guys quick question. On your Z5's when you let the screen turn off automatically due to timeout, what is your animation? Does it dim out and turn off instantly or does it have a fade out effect?

Mine dims and turns off without a fade out effect which I swear was there before? I don't know.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sjone
Visitor

Actually I figured it out, I had Animator Duration Scale in Developer options turned off. When I switched to animation scale 0.5x it came back!

Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
CameronT
Champion

Hi sjone,

Welcome to the Community!

The standard way the screen off feature activates is by dimming slowly to a certain level, then immediately turning off after a few seconds.

sjone
Visitor

Is there any way to get the slow dimming back? It doesn't do it on my device anymore.

CameronT
Champion

@sjone So when you have your phone idling, it doesn't dim at all? It just goes from full brigtness to off with no transition at all?

Can you try turning up your brightness and see if the dimming is noticable then?

sjone
Visitor

Actually I figured it out, I had Animator Duration Scale in Developer options turned off. When I switched to animation scale 0.5x it came back!

Thanks for the help!

CameronT
Champion

Thanks for letting me know.  I'm glad to hear it's sorted Slightly_smiling_Face