Join now - be part of our community!

Small App Active Clip, where are screenshots stored?

SOLVED
Blugrn
Visitor

Small App Active Clip, where are screenshots stored?

Over the last year, I have used the Small App Active Clip quite a lot to take screen shots. They used to be stored in a folder named Clipper, but as of August 5, 2015, none is stored there anymore. Where can I find them?

I am using Lollipop 5.1.1, version 23.4.A.1.232.

Thanks for any hint I may get!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Blugrn

Glad to hear that you were able to boot on safe mode, with that said, there are myriad options, it could be a taskiller, task manager, antivirus, ram app, battery app, one thing its for sure, it is not a preloaded app

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
Phy
Legend
Legend

Use the file commander

1. Internal Storage
2. Pictures
3. Clipper
Blugrn
Visitor

Sorry Phy,

No such folder in the internal storage. I took various screen shots today, but cannot find any of those.

I am using an app to transfer photos to the external SD-card in order to liberate space internally, so it may have transfered them awayto another folder on that card. Where can it be? There is a Clipper sub folder in the Pictures folder on that card, but the last update to it was on August 5, 2015.

Could there be a problem with the current Lollipop version?

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Blugrn

That's rather odd, I just tested this on a Z3 and there should be under pictures, unless you have changed this somehow, this is what I would do 

take a screensho > save it > it should said that it was saved to album > open the album > open the screenshot > menu > details > it should tell you were the screenshots are being stored.

Blugrn
Visitor

Hi Uliwooly,

After I take the shot, nothing is said where the image is saved. Is there any way to configure where to save it, which file type, compression etc. to be used? I do not think so.

It used to be a .jpg file, is it still so?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Blugrn

Is still JPG, I think there's an app causing this issue. try my above suggestion again, but this time take 4 or 5 screenshots, one after the other, so it'll take longer for the phone to save them

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Blugrn

Another suggestion is:

when you open the album app > swipe left to right > folders > screenshots and clipper check both folders 

Blugrn
Visitor

Uliwooly,

I tried both of your suggestions, but no improvement. I took various shots in a sequence, but never is shown any path where it is saved.

Also, the Album app, swiping left and right only reveals that those shots are not in any folder managed by Album.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Blugrn

Try this > settings > apps > all > album > clear data > boot on >>> safe mode and try my suggestion again

Blugrn
Visitor

Thanks for your patience. First of all, I need to transfer the photos in the Album folder, before I dare to clear data. Then I will try your suggestion and let you know.