Join now - be part of our community!

Software Update Failed

SOLVED
Criteria
Visitor

Software Update Failed

Last night i do a repair through PCC but end up software update failed.... Im v disappionted and regret to do that as suggested in most of the forum post.  When I plug the phone into a wall charger, it goes into a loop of completely off -> red led -> sony logo -> "software update failed, make sure the phone is connected to the computer and try again." -> repeat.
I Tried to repair again but PCC cant detect my phone (pressing down vol when repair).
I need a solution now im depressed.....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Something that has worked for my Xperia Z

Charge the phone for 1 hour > on your computer run PCC > follow all the steps to repair the Xperia Z3 > connect the phone to the computer > Press and hold power & volume up for few seconds so it'll turn off > as soon as it does (turn off) > release those buttons and press and hold the volume up key so it can't be detected by PCC

This might take few attempts and it might be frustrating but it could work. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Something that has worked for my Xperia Z

Charge the phone for 1 hour > on your computer run PCC > follow all the steps to repair the Xperia Z3 > connect the phone to the computer > Press and hold power & volume up for few seconds so it'll turn off > as soon as it does (turn off) > release those buttons and press and hold the volume up key so it can't be detected by PCC

This might take few attempts and it might be frustrating but it could work. 

Criteria
Visitor

But when i plug the phone into a wall charger, it goes into a loop of completely off -> red led -> sony logo -> "software update failed, make sure the phone is connected to the computer and try again." -> repeat. Is it charging ? 
And 
release those buttons and press and hold the volume up key so it can't be detected by PCC if it cant be detected by PCC how to go for repair step? Tq

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Criteria

remove both SIM and SD cards > connect the phone to the wall charger > press and hold the power and volume up button until the phone turns off

Criteria
Visitor

Oh god i try ur suggestion on the Androxye Flasher it wasnt detecting when i press vol down but i try power+up the moment it shut down i unplug the usb then plug ut in again quickly and the flasher detected my phone and start flashing fingercross this gonna solve my problem. Thanks uliwooly for ur quick reply. (Sorry Bad English)

MohdMustafa
Visitor

Do a Software Repair using your PC
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Criteria

Anytime, keep us updated. 

Criteria
Visitor

Sigh....Flasher last step failed...system.sin failed to install.... Then i try with PCC also failed at last step now not connected again...Software update failed is back...

Spoiler
What a life with Sony Xperia
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Criteria

You need to let the phone charge for about 1 hour as that could be the problem.

Criteria
Visitor

Ok last try on 4.4.4 ftf with flasher and im finally get my phone to charge. PCC repair not helping cz it will fail at the last stage. Thanks guys.

Press and hold power & volume up for few seconds so it'll turn off > as soon as it does (turn off) > release those buttons and press and hold the volume up key so it can't be detected by PCC [This is recommneded so that the phone can be detected]@uliwooly

I pressed power+down too for numerous times. What a terrifying experience with PCC repair