Join now - be part of our community!

Streaming Bluetooth audio in car

SOLVED
McVitas
Visitor

Streaming Bluetooth audio in car

Hello, this may be silly question, but I was not able to make my phone use the car speakers. In Bluetooth I have enabled to play audio, but all I could do is make a phone calls through it, but I have no idea how to play music from the phone via car speakers. Point me to some tutorial maybe please...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

The bluetooth on your car stereo it's only for calls not for music. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

You might want to check the car manual or car stereo manual
McVitas
Visitor

This does not help much. I am not sure I will find it. Would you rather describe how you play music in the car from your Xperia? Or somebody please Winking_Face When I call, there is a choice in a call screen to choose between audio devices. I don't see such option in a music player. Should it be there?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@McVitas

Not all cars support this, some cars only support calls but not streaming music. 

McVitas
Visitor

I have a removable radio in my car, so actually we should say that radio either supports it or not Winking_Face My phone is paired with it via bluetooth and when I initiate a call from the phone, it automatically shows "dialing..." on the radio display and sound goes through it...

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

The bluetooth on your car stereo it's only for calls not for music. 

McVitas
Visitor

I just bought an audio cable with jacks and it's done Slightly_smiling_Face

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@McVitas

Excellent

olraeym56
New

Hi,

I understand the above "only for call, nothing else".

My car is a Volvo V50 of 2010 and I connect my phone via BT.

I use these appes such as Waze or Coyote.

My question is: sometimes when being on a call the sound of those applications can be heard through the speakers. But only then, if I'm not on a call the sound is through the phone only again.

That's what makes me curious, it should technically be possible then?

Thanks

Ollie