Transfer photos and videos to a mac

how do i transfer photos and videos from a sr90e to a mac

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, I am not a Mac user but I will try the best I can with this.

I assume that the best way to remove the SD content would be to import it first of all to your Mac - after this you would then be able to remove the files directly within the camera's menu i.e. during playback.

As far as selecting the USB is concerned, I believe that your version of iMovie should automatically detect when the camera is attached to the computer. This should then make the file transfer possible.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello dec1960 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Sony have published a guide about transferring this data to a Mac computer - it can be read here:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/topics/videotransfer

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.en_IE.title
dec1960
Visitor

Thanks Simon. The manual says that to import the HD (AVCHD) content to an Intel-based Mac, you must first erase the SD (MPEG-2) content on the camera. Do you know how to do this.  Also I don't see the USB Select option when I connect to the Mac

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, I am not a Mac user but I will try the best I can with this.

I assume that the best way to remove the SD content would be to import it first of all to your Mac - after this you would then be able to remove the files directly within the camera's menu i.e. during playback.

As far as selecting the USB is concerned, I believe that your version of iMovie should automatically detect when the camera is attached to the computer. This should then make the file transfer possible.

Thanks,

Simon