Join now - be part of our community!

Radio in SRS-X9

SOLVED
profile.country.IE.title
igorwojcicki
Explorer

Radio in SRS-X9

Hi.

I spent lot of time in the kitchen. I would like to have there SRS-X9 as I realised it has new, nice price. I need to know one thing though. Will I be able to listen to the radio (internet radio I suppose) using that item? I mean not by computer or other device. Just may I find and preset radio station in SRS-X9 itself?

If not what device from SONY can be used as internet radio but have connection with other wireless devices like bluetooth walkman ot tablet?

Something what sounds better than small portable radio pls.

Thank you!

Igor

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IE.title
igorwojcicki
Explorer

Thank you for answer. :slight_smile:

Well I will look forward for Internet radio from Sony. If not I will just get one from Revo - they look good, sounds good and have plenty way to connect.

Other thing from missing at Sony is SACD player. XE-800 is not on irish market anymore. That hi res combo MAP S1 have its own amp so it is useless. I know that stream and digital files are future but still we have huge collections of CD's and some people like me also SACD. I have huge collection of vinyls too but turntable from Sony is nothing more than a child toy. I'm surprised that Sony has it on oficial market it's a rubbish (I know as I owned one).

I still hear about Sony problems and Sony is and will be my first choice but just above I show you the way how they push me to go to other companies to buy things.

Igor

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sony hasnt got any internet radios in its current product range unfortunately.  So cannot advise you on a Sony product to meet your requirements.

The SRS-X9 can connect to internet services (ie spotify) - but you need another device (ie smart phone) to control it.

Cheers

Note: I am excluding Sony products with vTuner.

profile.country.RO.title
cosmingpx8

Hello know what power have these speakers?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

154w

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SRS-X9

"SRS-X9 154W wireless speaker with Wi-Fi, AirPlay, Bluetooth®, NFC, and High-Resolution Audio"

Cheers

profile.country.RO.title
cosmingpx8

Hello , and thanks for the information

profile.country.IE.title
igorwojcicki
Explorer

Thank you for answer. :slight_smile:

Well I will look forward for Internet radio from Sony. If not I will just get one from Revo - they look good, sounds good and have plenty way to connect.

Other thing from missing at Sony is SACD player. XE-800 is not on irish market anymore. That hi res combo MAP S1 have its own amp so it is useless. I know that stream and digital files are future but still we have huge collections of CD's and some people like me also SACD. I have huge collection of vinyls too but turntable from Sony is nothing more than a child toy. I'm surprised that Sony has it on oficial market it's a rubbish (I know as I owned one).

I still hear about Sony problems and Sony is and will be my first choice but just above I show you the way how they push me to go to other companies to buy things.

Igor