Join now - be part of our community!

Can't login to Skype on BDP-S780

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Dave101101
Visitor

Can't login to Skype on BDP-S780

Has anyone else had problems logging into Skype of the BDP-S780?

I bought this yesterday with the CMU camera.  Looks good and the player connected to the network OK.  Software updated to the latest version which took a few minutes so that seems fine.  However when I try to log into Skype I just get 'downloading contacts, please wait...' and then after a few minutes it drops back to the login screen.  I also tried creating a new account but that didn't work.  I'm pretty sure the network's fine as the update was OK and the web browser works so not sure what this could be.

Any suggestions appreciated...  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dave101101
Visitor

When I first went into Skype I was offered a choice based on country calling code  eg. "UK (+44)" etc.  However once I'd failed to login it wouldn't let me go into the options to change this.  Try a factory reset and this prompt should come back when you load Skype again

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Dave101101
Visitor

So it does work when I set the region to the US rather than the UK.  Must be a server or strange connection issue but doesn't really matter as signing in via the US is fine.

PeterGorden
Visitor

This does seem like an odd issue.

Is it a recent occurance or has it been an issue since you have owned the device?

Did it work ok before the update?

I know it recieved the update without issue but are your ports farwarded correctly?

Dave101101
Visitor

Both are new products last week so I don't have much history with this.  I did the update before trying Skype so also not sure there either.  I tried over a few days though to log in with this set to the UK.

I haven't looked at the port forwarding yet but haven't changed anything on my router with that respect since it was new and Skype on my PC works OK although not sure what route that would take.

I'm travelling now so can't investigate further at this stage but will look at it again when I'm back.  It's working fine with this set to the US though as I've just Skype'd home without problems.

tj1328
Visitor

i bought one today and experience the same problem!! have you found any solution yet?

tj1328
Visitor

how did you set the region to US?

Dave101101
Visitor

When I first went into Skype I was offered a choice based on country calling code  eg. "UK (+44)" etc.  However once I'd failed to login it wouldn't let me go into the options to change this.  Try a factory reset and this prompt should come back when you load Skype again

isiri12
Visitor

it was new and Skype on my PC works OK although not sure what route that would take.http://www.bosin.info/g.gif

andpix
Visitor

However once I'd failed to login it wouldn't let me go into the options to change this.http://www.bosin.info/g.gif