Join now - be part of our community!

HDX560 freeview DVD recorder still not working

SOLVED
polydorus
Explorer

HDX560 freeview DVD recorder still not working

I am in London SW and my HDX 560 freeview DVD recorder still doesn't receive freeview properly. It will not tune any BBC channels and the other channels are broken up.

The signal strength is good but the quality is poor.

My normal TV reveives all freeview channels including HD with a strong signal 100% signal quality.

I cna't tell from other threads if the problem has been resoved for most people or not, but my recorder is a very old model.

I have tried  a factory reset, unplugging and rescanning several times over the last few days.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Reading through your problem - This is the reason why you are having problems with freeview on your DVD recorder:

@polydorus wrote:

In short - Signal strength measures the power of the signal, where-as the quality takes into account errors/noise in the signal (ie interference).

One of the most common ways to fix this is to replace your aerial cable with a better quality one, and preferrably shielded.  Also ensure that all cables are securely plugged in.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Reading through your problem - This is the reason why you are having problems with freeview on your DVD recorder:

@polydorus wrote:

In short - Signal strength measures the power of the signal, where-as the quality takes into account errors/noise in the signal (ie interference).

One of the most common ways to fix this is to replace your aerial cable with a better quality one, and preferrably shielded.  Also ensure that all cables are securely plugged in.

Hope that helps.

polydorus
Explorer

Thanks, but the main TV on the same aerial has 100% signal quality even on HD. I assumed that the same would go for the recorder and the recorder was always fine before the recent freeview problems.

Update: I redid the connection and OK now. Strange that it worked fine before.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im glad you have it working.

I have developed the same problem on everything !!  Good Signal Strength, poor quality.  Its the bloody TV Aerial repairer !!  (in my case).  Fixes my neighbours, and ruins mine.  Arrrrrgh!