Join now - be part of our community!

Help to find the best Network Wireless media storage server

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
JADASTIC
Explorer

Help to find the best Network Wireless media storage server

Hi, I would like to find a Wireless (DLNA/Upnp) media storage device for my home network. I have movies and photos and music stored on my PC that I cant get at with my Sony Bravia TV's unless the PC is switched on. My PC uses media share switched on and the TV's see the file structure and play videos etc no problem. What I would like is a central media store which can be seen by my TV's around the house (all linked to the network wirelessly). The device will sit close to the router so ethernet connected and then I would like to be able to use my TV's to connect to the media server through the network and play films/photos or music. Without the need for the pc to be switched on or present.

If anyone can help please has anyone done this and what sort of device/make should I be looking for. Thanks for any input.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Check out the Synology Diskstation range, I believe they will do what you require.  I dont have one, but I have heard many good things. 

https://www.synology.com/en-global/products/

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Check out the Synology Diskstation range, I believe they will do what you require.  I dont have one, but I have heard many good things. 

https://www.synology.com/en-global/products/

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
JADASTIC
Explorer

Thanks for the advice on Synology, I will have a look at the range and check the specs etc. Cheers.

mike2015
Explorer

I have a Netgear ReadyNAS that works great for streaming music & videos. For just music playback you can connect it up via a Sonos Connect box. ReadyNAS connect at 1Gb, so are very quick. You can run them in Raid mode & easy to swap in larger drives as needed.