Join now - be part of our community!

Select input source of receiver via television input selection

SOLVED

Select input source of receiver via television input selection

Problem:

All devices - BD player, Sky+ box, Apple TV - are connected to my Sony receiver in a cupboard. One HDMI connects my receiver to the Sony television. 

I want to select the device/source/input of the *receiver* via the television.

At the moment the television only lets you select the source of those devices connected directly to it, so I have to go into said cupboard to change the input directly on the receiver.

I realise that this might be a new feature only offered by new products, and I've seen it available recently with other manufactures, but I was wondering if there are known combinations of Sony TVs + receivers that offer this?

Can't seem to find any reference to this functionality anywhere!

Many thanks,

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Which Sony TV/receiver do you have? The functionality you describe are already included in Braviasync.

I own a KDL42W805A (2013), an HT-CT350 (2012) to which are connected a DVD Recorder (HXD870) and a Bluray (BDP-S5100): I can choose which device switch on by pressing the "sync menu" button on the TV remote and choose the right device from the list that appears. Automatically the TV switch to HDMI1 , the HT switch the audio/video output to the right device (DVD/BD), the device power on and I can control the device itself by using the TV remote.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Which Sony TV/receiver do you have? The functionality you describe are already included in Braviasync.

I own a KDL42W805A (2013), an HT-CT350 (2012) to which are connected a DVD Recorder (HXD870) and a Bluray (BDP-S5100): I can choose which device switch on by pressing the "sync menu" button on the TV remote and choose the right device from the list that appears. Automatically the TV switch to HDMI1 , the HT switch the audio/video output to the right device (DVD/BD), the device power on and I can control the device itself by using the TV remote.

Wow, thanks so much!

I can't believe the feature has been there all along, I just thought Braviasync was more a Sony-only thing.

I can see and select the BD player and Sky+ (sat box) which is great.

The Apple TV which is also connected to the receiver doesn't seem to appear but a quick search suggests that it might not be compatible, but 2 out of 3 isn't bad!

Thanks again for repling.

Dave

TV: KDL40NX803

Receiver: STRDH810

BD player: BDPS370