Join now - be part of our community!

Sony BDV-E2100 with Sky's Dolby Surround

SOLVED
mrgrotey
New

Sony BDV-E2100 with Sky's Dolby Surround

I have recently bought a Sony BDV-E2100 and all is working great other than when trying to play films from sky on demand with 'DS' dolby surround audio. i don't seem to get surround sound from these films, only standard stereo. this was an expensiveunit, surely it should work? this is a standard audio output.

it does seem to work with programme transmitting DD audio though.

my cabling setup is... skyhd --> high speed optical --> home theatre --> hdmi --> tv --> hdmi --> skyhd.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Sorry for the late reply on this one. You can probably blame the broadcasters for that one. Not all films or TV programmes are transmitted with the surround sound tracks. I get the same problem when watching content on Demand 5. Some programmes are transmitted in 5.1, some in Dolby Digital Plus, whereas some are only stereo.

Sadly we must make do with what they provide. Hopefully things will get better over the coming years.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Sorry for the late reply on this one. You can probably blame the broadcasters for that one. Not all films or TV programmes are transmitted with the surround sound tracks. I get the same problem when watching content on Demand 5. Some programmes are transmitted in 5.1, some in Dolby Digital Plus, whereas some are only stereo.

Sadly we must make do with what they provide. Hopefully things will get better over the coming years.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14