Join now - be part of our community!

Sound from TV

SOLVED
Navtej1
New

Sound from TV

Hi all,

I see through browsing this forum that this has been asked/answered many times... yet I'm struggling.

TV: Sony kdl-50w8229b
Soundbar: ht-ct370
Game: sony ps3
Bluray: sony bdp-s6200
Virgin tivo

All connections made via HDMI.

HDMI Arc from soundbar into hdmi2 (arc).

I can get sound from my devices plugged into the soundbar. I.e. ps3, bluray and virgin all work perfectly through the soundbar.

I can't however figure out how to get sound out from the TV. So if I'm playing something on YouTube from the TV - I get no sound.

HDMI 1 on the soundbar plays my TiVo
HDMI 2 plays the bluray
HDMI 3 plays the ps3
BT plays my phone's music for example
TV which I assume I use for TV....I get nothing.

Help please.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Navtej1
New

thanks alot for responding.

I figured it out...

I used the hdmi cable going between one of my other devices and used that for the ARC connections instead.

Now, sound is coming out from the TV when I am in TV mode.

Rather annoyingly the cable behind my wall must be an older specification cable which cannot handle ARC.

From reading this afternoon - looks like I need a hdmi 1.4 spec cable instead which can carry that signal.

thanks again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Be sure you have activated bravia-sync on both tv and soundbar (and other device too at least for the bdp) so you don't have to deal with the switching of the soundbar channel... then check if audio is set to the external speaker (via the options button) rather than in internal.

Navtej1
New

thanks alot for responding.

I figured it out...

I used the hdmi cable going between one of my other devices and used that for the ARC connections instead.

Now, sound is coming out from the TV when I am in TV mode.

Rather annoyingly the cable behind my wall must be an older specification cable which cannot handle ARC.

From reading this afternoon - looks like I need a hdmi 1.4 spec cable instead which can carry that signal.

thanks again.

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Navtej1 

Great job! It's always nice to hear a success story. :wink:

Please click the 'Accepted Solution' button at the bottom of your last post, it will help others looking for a solution to this problem.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14