Join now - be part of our community!

USB Issues with BDV-N5200W

SOLVED
metalmatt666
Explorer

USB Issues with BDV-N5200W

I have brought the excellent BDV-N5200W system the only issue i have is that it cant seem to play my USB formatted in EX-FAT32. now the strange thing is my TV W700B can play all types of USB NTFS, EX-FAT32, FAT-32. I own a MAC computer so EX-FAT32 is the ideal format to use. I have been in contact by email with support and they say that the BDV-N5200W home cinema system should play EX-FAT32. For me FAT32 is awful as there is a 4GB file transfer limit. I have tried 2 different USB sticks but no joy. Is there any help or any future firmware updates in the works? or can anyone suggest any decent USB Flash sticks which would work?

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
metalmatt666
Explorer

This problem has been sorted out

Just to let people know how to get round this issue:

After seeking advise from Paragon NTFS (company) i had to format the USB in partiton NTFS and instead of GUID i formatted it in MBR (Master Boot Record)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

I might be wrong but as far as I'm aware there has always been a maximum of 4 GB file transfer limit on Fat 32 files, NTFS is the way foward but not owning a MAC myself I don't know if this is possible for you? Is there any add-on software that can help?

Out of interest have you ever updated your firmware for this device? If version number is M21.R.0116 or higher, you do not need to update.

I think most Sony manuals list compatable USB devices but I doubt whether they will answer your specific question. Asides that I cannot be of any further help, sorry!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
metalmatt666
Explorer

thanks for the reply

Yes i have used NTFS Paragon for the MAC but no joy i have emailed Paragon about this

I double checked on the Sony Site and it does say the system only supports NTFS and FAT32

metalmatt666
Explorer

This problem has been sorted out

Just to let people know how to get round this issue:

After seeking advise from Paragon NTFS (company) i had to format the USB in partiton NTFS and instead of GUID i formatted it in MBR (Master Boot Record)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for letting us know :thumbsup:

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Yey.., NTFS rocks!!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
metalmatt666
Explorer

i have another issue when i convert MPEG2 with 5.1 sounds my home cinema outputs the centre speaker to the front right speaker and the front right speaker to the centre very odd

I have contacted Wondershare the converstion company regarding this issue

metalmatt666
Explorer

the only way round this when watching a MPEG2 with 5.1 sound is to swap the cables around front r in centre socket and centre in front right socket very bizzare lol