Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia compatibility with the new portable hard drive HD-PG5

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
kimandsue
Visitor

Bravia compatibility with the new portable hard drive HD-PG5

Anyone know which BRAVIAS are compatible with the Sony HD-PG5 portable hard drive which connect via USB

Many thanks Kim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi again,

be careful, not all Bravias although having USB ports does not mean they support USB recording, you can however transfer films, music, and picture files from your pc to display on you tv.

USB recording from Bravia tv's is a recent addition to the latest models and i fear at least one of yours is too old, check your manual, regards to formatting just follow the instructions that came with your product, read through a couple of times first to be sure you understand.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hi,

Any of 2011 Bravia TV will work , but you have to re-formated again from NTFS to FAT32 and use it as a flash drive to Browse media on it.

There is a table from Sony shows which media codecs are matching with Bravia either through USB connection or DLNA server

Bravia55HX

Hi,,

the drive comes pre loaded with pc software and its own FAT32 formatter which will help.

kimandsue
Visitor

Thanks for your replies, I brought my Bravia in 2009 a KDL40W5500U (so it's probably to old). I am thinking of getting the sony portable hard drive to use 'direct copy' to download from my sony CX550, when I read that it was compatible with 'some of the Bravias' as mine has a USB port I thought my luck might be in! and I could also download from the TV as well.

I am not very techy (as you've probably guessed!) so am lost regarding formatting and re-formatting! Would I need to do any 'formatting' to download from my camcorder to the portable hard drive as a back up and then if necessary transfer the files across to my PC?

I guess I will still need to purchase a Sony VMC-UAM 1 USB adaptor cable.

Many thanks for trying to help Regards Kim

Bravia55HX

Hi again,

be careful, not all Bravias although having USB ports does not mean they support USB recording, you can however transfer films, music, and picture files from your pc to display on you tv.

USB recording from Bravia tv's is a recent addition to the latest models and i fear at least one of yours is too old, check your manual, regards to formatting just follow the instructions that came with your product, read through a couple of times first to be sure you understand.

kimandsue
Visitor

Thanks for everyones help, It would be an expensive risk to plug in the wrong device.

Regards Kim