Join now - be part of our community!

Can I use the built-in camera and microphone to access Skype?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Simona_Z92
Visitor

Can I use the built-in camera and microphone to access Skype?

Hello, please help a newbie out! I have the KDL - 46NX723 and I would like to know what I needed to do to access Skype? I know it already has a camera built-in so other than Skype why else would it be there? Do I have to enable it in settings perhaps? Or must I buy a separate camera/microphone I keep hearing about.

Any help would be very appreciated :slight_smile:

Simona

Tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
drhowells
New

Hi, that TV does not have a built in camera. You would have to buy the Sony CMU-BR100 camera to be able to use Skype.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
drhowells
New

Hi, that TV does not have a built in camera. You would have to buy the Sony CMU-BR100 camera to be able to use Skype.

Simona_Z92
Visitor

But how am i able to see myself when i go to 'position control' in settings? Or was it installed simply for that purpous alone? Also the sales assistant used the fact that the TV has a camera as one of his main arguments in the sale :slight_smile:

drhowells
New

I was a bit confused at first as there is no camera in the TV as far as I knew...After a bit of reading, I can see that the TV has a presence sensor with face detection, so there must be a camera for this functionality, but it is not for use with Skype. As I said above, you would need the Sony CMU-BR100 for Skype to work.

Simona_Z92
Visitor

OK, thank you very much for your help :slight_smile:

@Simona_Z92 wrote:

But how am i able to see myself when i go to 'position control' in settings? Or was it installed simply for that purpous alone? Also the sales assistant used the fact that the TV has a camera as one of his main arguments in the sale :slight_smile: