Join now - be part of our community!

Connect tablet to TV KDL-46EX710

SOLVED
mainebengt
Explorer

Connect tablet to TV KDL-46EX710

I want to connect a Android (we are using Android smarthones) tablet to TV KDL-46EX710. Is that possible? What extra equipment do I need?

Today we don´t have a tablet, but that can be bought. And also some extra equipment.

I want to have the tablet with me in the chaire, so I prefere wireless.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

It comes down to - What do you want the Tablet to do (in regards to the TV)

If you want to Stream a few photos/music/video files via DLNA it should work via wifi using the USB Wifi Adaptor (UWA-BR100 adaptor) and a third party andriod program.  I dont think your TV supports WIFI Direct.

"DLNA Renderer : Photo (jpeg)/Music(LPCM/MP3)/Video(MPEG2/AVCHD)

DLNA Client        : Photo (jpeg)/Music(LPCM/MP3)/Video(MPEG2/AVCHD)"

However, on the other hand, if you want to "surf" the internet and display it on the TV screen - That is not possible wirelessly.

From my (very limited) understanding - You should/might be able to connect an Andriod Tablet via a HDMI cable (and maybe an extra adaptor).  Your best bet is Google.

However, as I always say - Do your research fully before purchasing to ensure that you get the right product that suits your needs.

Hope that helps

Cheers.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

It comes down to - What do you want the Tablet to do (in regards to the TV)

If you want to Stream a few photos/music/video files via DLNA it should work via wifi using the USB Wifi Adaptor (UWA-BR100 adaptor) and a third party andriod program.  I dont think your TV supports WIFI Direct.

"DLNA Renderer : Photo (jpeg)/Music(LPCM/MP3)/Video(MPEG2/AVCHD)

DLNA Client        : Photo (jpeg)/Music(LPCM/MP3)/Video(MPEG2/AVCHD)"

However, on the other hand, if you want to "surf" the internet and display it on the TV screen - That is not possible wirelessly.

From my (very limited) understanding - You should/might be able to connect an Andriod Tablet via a HDMI cable (and maybe an extra adaptor).  Your best bet is Google.

However, as I always say - Do your research fully before purchasing to ensure that you get the right product that suits your needs.

Hope that helps

Cheers.