Join now - be part of our community!

DLNA on BRAVIA KDL-40W905A

SOLVED
lampmonkey
Explorer

DLNA on BRAVIA KDL-40W905A

Could someone help me out here?

I had Serviio installed on my Windows 7 pc and it appeared automatically under 'Connected Devices' in the TV's home menu. It worked perfectly for a while but I had to re-install it recently after a Java update broke it, and after that it didn't show up on the TV's menu. Serviio sees the TV but the TV doesn't see Serviio.

Thinking it might be Serviio's fault I uninstalled it and replaced it with Twonky. Same thing - Twonky sees the TV but the TV doesn't see Twonky.

The TV's connection to the router is fine as I can watch Youtube and iPlayer with no problem.

What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another suggestion - The max number of DLNA servers that the TV displays is 10.  As IP addresses change (im assuming that your using DHCP) the TV will display a new server - but the old ones MAY just still be there.  Try deleting these old servers.

For instructions, see manual : HERE

Fingers crossed.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Not fully sure whats going on, but try turning off the TV at the power point on the wall, leave it off for approx 60 seconds and switch it all back on again.

Try that first anyhow.

Cheers

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Try looking on which netword card serviio is working (in status panel) and set it to search it automatically. It may happens if you have a laptop with a wireless and ethernet card. Than reboot the pc.

lampmonkey
Explorer

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried switching of the power at the wall for 5 minutes, but sadly it made no difference.

Am I correct in saying that Twonky (or Serviio) should show up automatically on the TV's menu?

lampmonkey
Explorer

And thank you, but as far as network cards go, I'm using a desktop PC with no wireless capabilities of it's own. And I'm not sure what the 'status panel' is that you're referring to.

Both PC and TV are on wired connections.

TimCurtis

There is a setting in the Serviio console (don't know about Twonky) that unless checked will NOT allow new devices to connect.

The setting is "Enable access for new devices" on the main status page.

Relevant or not I'm not sure.

Are you using DHCP to assign the ip addresses and if so are the pre-assigned within your router?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another suggestion - The max number of DLNA servers that the TV displays is 10.  As IP addresses change (im assuming that your using DHCP) the TV will display a new server - but the old ones MAY just still be there.  Try deleting these old servers.

For instructions, see manual : HERE

Fingers crossed.

TimCurtis

It's not a firewall issue on the PC is it? Try temporarily disabling the PC's firewall & see if the TV can see the media server.

lampmonkey
Explorer

Quinnicus, you're a genius :slight_smile:

I went in to 'Home Network Setup' then 'Server Display Settings' and there they all were Serviio, Serviio, Serviio...etc. all with 'yes' beside them, then Twonky with a 'no'. Reverse all those and Twonky immediately appeared under connected devices. Job done. Many thanks.

Thank you to everybody else who offered possible fixes too.

TimCurtis

Might that suggest you're not fixing your device IP addresses perhaps, which if you're not would be a sensible thing to do?