Join now - be part of our community!

False Advertising on the W6 Series - DO NOT BUY

dsswoosh

False Advertising on the W6 Series - DO NOT BUY

Anyone who wants to buy this TV specially for the smooth MotionFlow 200 options beware.

This TV does not support MotionFlow.

This is clearly false advertisement.

Am bumping this every single day until someone from Sony acknowledges why it has been falsely advertised.

104 REPLIES 104
profile.country.IT.title
Manuel890

hello,

there are no news?

thanks

dawiddylich

No news.i dont think that sony will fix it.

By the way...i purchased this tv in april this year and i am very happy with this tv.

Amazing picture quality and communication with my tablet,phone.

profile.country.UA.title
viverra

I hope, what it will be switched on, when will be selled last W8 TV SET 🙂

kanetsu
Explorer

IMHO the only thing this set has problems handling is movies at 24fps, lot of judder, panning scenes are unwatchable!
zilhaax
Explorer

I have KDL-50W656A for two weeks and I cant see difference to my old KDL-40W5500 (motion flow option visible and on).

profile.country.UA.title
viverra

Do you can to look firmware version and say us. Did you do firmware upgrade by Internet? If not - do not do it. Let show photo please.

profile.country.GB.title
VirgilSollozzo
Explorer

One more BUMP from Istanbul for this topic.

SONY!! be responsible and just enable motionflow option on W6 sets.

You can not sell your product saying that it has motionflow and then just take it away like that.This is completely ridiculous

profile.country.UA.title
viverra

yestarday have been checked the same TV SET 50W656 - any MotionFlow settings not was finded 😞

matthew_1978
Explorer

I bought the sony KDL753 back in 2012 and it was an excellent tv, I was gona buy the W6 series as my wife wanted a bigger TV that had a more up to date design, however with the lack of 100/200hz processing (that has obviously been removed by firmware) we are now looking at comparable Samsungs. witch is a shame. come on Sony you did a marvellous job of been honest and receptive with the PS4 why not continue that with your other product lines?, give us the 200hz motion flow we thought we were getting like I got with your 7 series last year, and please don't dispute this with the claim that it is automaticly enabled according to scene selection, independent tests have shown that this is not the case

matthew_1978
Explorer

I sent sony an e-mail detailing the problems and i specificly stated that independent tests show that there is no extra interoplation beyond the removed "led motion".

here is there responce

Dear Mr Andrews,

Thank you for contacting Sony regarding your purchase for a new Sony TV

In regards for you enquiry kindly be advised that the motion flow feature in this TV is something that the TV automatically does, yet if the information that you read is not on our website, I would highly recommend not to believe everything you read the TV is full HD which gives you 1080 lines, sometimes people do this tests and blame the TV yet the problem would be with the broad cast or the signal that the TV is getting.

I hope that this information has been helpful. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Yours Sincerely,

Mike