Join now - be part of our community!

Is the CMU-BR200 webcam compatible with the KDL-24EX320 TV?

SOLVED

Is the CMU-BR200 webcam compatible with the KDL-24EX320 TV?

Hi, :slight_smile:

I have a KDL-24EX320 Sony TV, and have seen a good deal on a CMU-BR200 webcam.

Would it be compatible with my TV, or is the CMU-BR100 the only one that will work?

P.S. My TV has all of the latest updates installed if that helps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I phoned them this morning. They didn't know, and said they would phone back. When they phoned back they said that the CMU-BR200 was made to be compatible with TVs released from 2014 onwards, and although it is compatible with some older TVs, it won't work with mine. 

I'll have to save up for the CMU-BR100 instead.

Thanks for asking. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As the TV has Skype etc, I believe the CMU-BR200 will work.  However, I would double check this with Sony Sales beforehand (just in case).  I cant find any document to confirm or deny this, however I cannot see any reason why not.

Cheers

Thanks!

I'll give Sony a ring tomorrow to double check.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just curious if you managed to contact Sony about this - just curious to know the official answer to be honest?

Cheers

I phoned them this morning. They didn't know, and said they would phone back. When they phoned back they said that the CMU-BR200 was made to be compatible with TVs released from 2014 onwards, and although it is compatible with some older TVs, it won't work with mine. 

I'll have to save up for the CMU-BR100 instead.

Thanks for asking. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for posting that information.  Was curious myself to know, and this answer may also assist others too :slight_smile:

Most appreciated.