Join now - be part of our community!

New TV connection problems to digibox

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
suejbendall
Visitor

New TV connection problems to digibox

I cannot connect a new LCD Digital Colour TV EX32/26 to a digibox.

I just get a 'No Signal' message on the screen.

This is essential as the box has a hard drive which can record programmes.

(We do not go digital in ths area until March 2012)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As you have connected the digibox - simply turn it on first.  Then using the TV's remote control, select the AV1 Input via the Input Select button.  See pictures below:

TV's Remote Control:

Input Select.jpg

The following menu may appear - Scroll down and choose AV1:

Input select 2.jpg

The settings for AV1 are more designed to name it something memorable (ie Digibox) - However I have only experimented with HDMI on this. 

If this doesnt work, ensure that the SCART cable is connected fully (and any other cables) - as in, not slightly out. 

I cant think of anything else at this stage, as basically there should not be much to it, plug-and-play as such.

Hopefully that helps you.

Cheers

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi suejbendall.

This will not be possible using a RF cable (like an ariel cable) as the TV cannot accept an Analogue RF Signal.

What model is the digibox?  What connections does the digibox have?  Does it have SCART? S-Video? Composite Video?  Most digiboxes have a suitable connection.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
suejbendall
Visitor

Hi Blencogo

This is, I'm afraid, all Greek to me but.....

It is a Logik LPVR88

At the back it has connections labelled

CVBS

RS232

Aux Scart

TV Scart - by which the Logik scart cable is attached to the TV

Antenna 1 in & out

Antenna 2 in & out

Hope this means something to you!

SJB

SteveXHis
Explorer

Hi,

I have the same problem.   I just purchased a KDL40 TV and trying to connect it upto the digibox. We want to continue using the digibox as it has a recording facility.

The digibox has just just a scart connection which I connected upto AV1 scart on the TV  but the screen is

blank.

When going through the settings for AV1 I am confused which type it needs to be  - options are basically

SAT, VCR, GAME, PC, CAMERA, DVD, HOME , edit.  I've tried most of these but nothing.

The digibox is fine with the old LG LCD TV which I've gone back to using.

Can anyone help?

thanks,

Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Whats the exact model of the TV?

Cheers

SteveXHis
Explorer

Hi,

Its a   KDL40r473abu   which purchased from John Lewis yesterday.

thanks,

Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As you have connected the digibox - simply turn it on first.  Then using the TV's remote control, select the AV1 Input via the Input Select button.  See pictures below:

TV's Remote Control:

Input Select.jpg

The following menu may appear - Scroll down and choose AV1:

Input select 2.jpg

The settings for AV1 are more designed to name it something memorable (ie Digibox) - However I have only experimented with HDMI on this. 

If this doesnt work, ensure that the SCART cable is connected fully (and any other cables) - as in, not slightly out. 

I cant think of anything else at this stage, as basically there should not be much to it, plug-and-play as such.

Hopefully that helps you.

Cheers