Join now - be part of our community!

Recording is not working on KDL-40RD450

SOLVED
RaduNeagoe
Explorer

Recording is not working on KDL-40RD450

Hello all, just purchased a new tv(KDL-40RD450) 2 weeks ago and today a new HDD, WD Elements of 1TB with USB3.0. I tried in several ways to use the recording function but it is not working. The TV actually records the programme, I can see it stored on the GDD but whenever I try to play it it gives me "Playback not avialable". Also the timer shows 0HRS,0MINS if recording time even if I left it more than 1 minute (instead of showing 1 min or more it shows 0 recording time.  On the HDD it is very few space occupied. The TV stores the titles of the recording but nothing inside the file (looks empty).

So far I tried the following:

- Formatted the HDD to FAT32 (the tv recoginzes it and it registers it)

- Updated to the latest firmware

- Rested back to factory settings the TV

Nothing works so far, any idea why?

Note: I also have a DVD recorder with HDD that is connected via a SCART cable but that is not used (it is used just for analog recording). The record on the TV does not work even if the DVD recorder is turned off and I also tried to unplug the SCART cable out (no result).

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I received this message yesterday:

"I will request the technical support team to get in touch with the customer and investigate the issue"

I am unsure on why its taking so long.  But will nudge them :slight_smile:

Cheers

straian80
Explorer

I'm in the same situation. I manage to register the storage medium but the recorded files are 0Mb size. Do you find a solution for this probleme? 

RaduNeagoe
Explorer

Hello, I am still waiting for the Sony support to answer. I sent them some screenshots with the TV settings. I will let you know when I will also find out.

straian80
Explorer

Thanks. I will wait.
straian80
Explorer

Some news? I wrote to Sony and I got a an application number 15235781, but no response so far :(.

straian80
Explorer

Stimate Domn,

Vă mulţumim că aţi contactat Centrul de Informare Clienţi Sony, și ne cerem scuze pentru răspunsul întârziat.

Referitor la problema întâmpinată de Dumneavoastră, în situația în care utilizați un SmartCAM (Ci+), vă rugăm să îl deconectați de la televizor și verificați dacă fără acesta puteți înregistra.

În situația în care furnizorul Dumneavoastră de televiziune nu transmite canale care să poată fi vizionate fără un SmartCAM, vă rugăm să solicitați verificarea cu un alt SmartCAM, de preferat un model diferit față de cel utilizat în prezent, fiind posibil ca SmartCAM-ul actual să interfereze cu această funcție.

Pentru orice alte probleme sau întrebări legate de produsele Sony, vă rugăm nu ezitaţi să ne contactaţi.

Vă mulţumim!

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

For the English speaking members on the UK forum..... :wink:

From Google translate:

"Dear Sir, Thank you for contacting Sony Customer Information Center, and apologize for the delayed response. Referring to the problem faced by you, if you are using a SmartCase (C +), please unplug the TV and check if you can record without it. If the provider your television does not transmit channels that can be watched without a SmartCase, please ask them to check with another SmartCase, preferably a model different from the one currently used, it is possible that SmartCase The current to interfere with this function. For any problems or questions about Sony products, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you!"

RaduNeagoe
Explorer

Thank you! It works, by removing the smart card the recording works now fine. I will ask for another model.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Excellent news :slight_smile:

Thanks @straian80 for the information :wink: