Join now - be part of our community!

Update 2235EUA causing media stream issues

SOLVED
boomball
Explorer

Update 2235EUA causing media stream issues

Hi

Did the latest update tonight - now nothing will stream from either Serviio or Plex for more than a minute without a pause and then jump to the end of the media file.  Everything worked perfectly before this update - any ideas as to what to do = I've reset the servers and the server list on the TV

TV is KDL-50W829B

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can do those remote control resets, however the easiest way is :

If you press the [HOME] button on the remote control and goto "Settings" > "System Settings" > "General Set-up" >  "Factory Settings"  and follow it from their.

Cheers

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The first thing to do, is perform a factory reset of the TV.  Its the first step in the troubleshooting process - and does cure many issues.

Give that a go and see?

Cheers

boomball
Explorer

Hi

How exactly do I do that - as far as I can see it involves pushing a power button on the back of the TV - mine does not seem to have that - or if it does I can't find it - I've read that you switch on then hold up arrow and press power on remote and then you need to press a power button on the set?

Problem as reported above has now worsened in that the TV will not find the network at all - even directly connected to the router rather than through the switch

Any additional advice will be most helpful

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can do those remote control resets, however the easiest way is :

If you press the [HOME] button on the remote control and goto "Settings" > "System Settings" > "General Set-up" >  "Factory Settings"  and follow it from their.

Cheers

boomball
Explorer

ok

Did that and it's cleared the daft ip address settings the TV was trying to use - still does not see all the servers - but it is working now - so thanks

That's a useful reset trick

Have you any idea why I seem to have a newer update than the official site is saying - and why on rearth does every update seem to mess with the network stability - I have problems every time I do one?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brilliant - glad it worked.

It taked the website a week or two to publish the update - unsure why so long, but its always been that way.

boomball
Explorer

OK - thanks again