Join now - be part of our community!

How to create recovery partition method...

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
davidbenz
Visitor

How to create recovery partition method...

Please help me with this matter..
I have a Vaio VGN FZ21Z with Vista original windows.The old HDD broke so i bought a new one.I decided to install win7 32 bit,downloaded all the required drivers for this and everything works fine...but i don't have the recovery partition to make recovery disks,so...
I took a friend's Vaio laptop and copied the Vaio Recovery application and also all the files from his RECOVERY PARTITION(note that he has win7 x64 bit and i have 32 bit).
I open the Vaio Recovery application and when i press to make Rescue discks it says that there is no recovery partition.I then install EASEUS partition manager ,make a 13 GB parttion(named the partition RECOVERY)and copied there all the files that my buddy had on HIS recovery partition...i even make it primary and logical,hidden and restarted the system.I open the Vaio Recovery application to make the rescus disks and still won't see my hidden Recovery partition with all the files i copied inside.
If anyone knows,can this be done so that it can be brought to a initial state like my buddy's laptop to make recovery disk?
i thought that if i make the exact same thing like he has mabe it works...could it be probably that he has a 64 bit win7 and i have a 32 bitwin7?therefore the files are incompatible with my version?
if someone knows how can this be cracked i'm open for chat.
Good day to u all.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

No, this is not possible to make Windows 7 Recovery Discs that will work on your FZ21Z.

Recovery Discs are Model Specific and you cannot use another Vaio.  The Recovery Discs for your model are Vista 32-bit and are an exact copy of the original Recovery Partition including model specific information and drivers/software.  The original Recovery Partition was an EISA Configured Hidden Partiton.

If you want to make recovery software for Windows 7, you will need to take a mirror of your installation using something like Acronis True Image - this can also be made bootable.

Alternatively, you could purchase a set of Recovery Discs for your FZ21Z from Vaio Support - but these will be VISTA 32-bit.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

No, this is not possible to make Windows 7 Recovery Discs that will work on your FZ21Z.

Recovery Discs are Model Specific and you cannot use another Vaio.  The Recovery Discs for your model are Vista 32-bit and are an exact copy of the original Recovery Partition including model specific information and drivers/software.  The original Recovery Partition was an EISA Configured Hidden Partiton.

If you want to make recovery software for Windows 7, you will need to take a mirror of your installation using something like Acronis True Image - this can also be made bootable.

Alternatively, you could purchase a set of Recovery Discs for your FZ21Z from Vaio Support - but these will be VISTA 32-bit.

:thinking: