Join now - be part of our community!

PCG-K415S LCD Problems

Invoker
Visitor

PCG-K415S LCD Problems

i got my vaio a few days ago. when i play games my screen became corrupt from time to time. after 10 mins the screen goes mad... it looks like when you set the refresh rate wrong you cant see anything but after 4 or 5 seconds it becames good and after another 10 mins happens the same thing. it only happen on games [every game that i played] does anyone have the same problem ? :cry:

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Invoker,

I have noticed this oddity with our display K415S in Staples this weekend.:smileysad:

You should get hold of a can of compressed air (if you don't find anything at any PC shops then get it from Lindy Electronics on Amazon.co.uk).

Spray the compressed air into the ventillation grille at the back of your laptop and in the fan at the bottom of the unit, whilst putting the nozzle of a vacuum cleaner nearby to suck out any dust from your PC. Do this about six times, and then check your temperatures again.

Have faith. Sony are very good as a rule in my experience with support and repairs, so if the situation doesn't improve, then contact either eSupport via email or contact VAIO-Link by phone.

Good luck.:smileygood_luck:

I would be interested to hear how you get on, so please let us know the outcome.

Invoker
Visitor

i am using mobilemeter for temps maybe i shoud try another program aswell.. anyother programs that you guys know ?

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Nah MobileMeter is the recommended program by many on the forum, so thats fine, in fact I will post Nick-pan's guide to cooling for you to read up on in a moment.

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Mmm, Mobile Meter works great. I use it too. But you could try this here.

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Invoker
Visitor

i manage to lower the temps. i uninstaled norton internet security software and closed some background programs. maybe ill install a new clean windows. now my temps are CPU 50 - 55 while web browsing and in games it is around 55 - 62.

and after the uninstallation of norton internet security software my LCD problem has been fixed. today ill install xp pro and test the laptop for 4 or 5 hours and see if any problems show up. thx everyone for help.

:cool:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Norton is trouble, seems to bring problems

Invoker
Visitor

hi ! me again my screen problem seems fixed for some time but again a few days ago it appeared ! :cry: i sent my vaio to sony and they respond after a week its motherboard and GPU (radeon 9200 Mobile) has factory build problems. and they say we cant repair it here (in turkey) it needs to be send other country for repairs. and they say it will take at least 1 month for it to come back to me. and i am realy unhappy coz i need to use this laptop mostly this times. and i cant pay an other 1500 £ to other laptop ! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: sony why you do this to me ? :slight_frown: :tongue:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Damn, that sucks

Invoker
Visitor

:cry:

Invoker
Visitor

i am very sad to say that i returned my laptop at last to sony and got my money back and i buyed a new laptop and my new laptop is so much better than sony K415S. my new laptop is toshiba Sattallite. thx everyone here for help !