SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
willows2011
Visitor

S Series Laptop system recovery disc

Hi

I do not own a laptop.

Can I ask three questions?

I wish to configure to purchase my VAIO S series Laptop.

1. I do not find to include the OS and System recovery Disk with the order. [I understand the HD will have a recovery partition to restore to factory installed status but would like to have the OS & System recovery disk]

2. How does the USB 3 port function? There are lot of problem talked about in another make of the laptop on the internet forums. I did not mention names of the other laptop company as I do not know if I am permitted to reference names of other companies?

3. Can I independently on a later date buy 4Gb 1333Mhz RAM to increase my memory without having to pay £80.00 asked at the time of my configuration?

Thank you for your answer.

Message was edited by: willows2011

Message was edited by: willows2011

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi willows2011,

1.  This is not possible.  Sony only provide the OEM (download) version of Windows which is much cheaper than a full version with an installation disc.  You can, of course, easily make a bootable recovery disc set on 3 DVDs which will enable you to recover to factory settings or to just recover drive C:\.  These discs are the safeguard in the event of a hard drive failure.

2.  The USB 3.0 Port on my VPCSB-Series Vaio works perfectly.  In concunction with a USB 3.0 portable drive it is almost 10 times as quick as USB 2.0.

3.  Yes you can buy memory from a firm that guarantees compatibility like www.Crucial.com/uk up to the maximum permitted.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi willows2011,

1.  This is not possible.  Sony only provide the OEM (download) version of Windows which is much cheaper than a full version with an installation disc.  You can, of course, easily make a bootable recovery disc set on 3 DVDs which will enable you to recover to factory settings or to just recover drive C:\.  These discs are the safeguard in the event of a hard drive failure.

2.  The USB 3.0 Port on my VPCSB-Series Vaio works perfectly.  In concunction with a USB 3.0 portable drive it is almost 10 times as quick as USB 2.0.

3.  Yes you can buy memory from a firm that guarantees compatibility like www.Crucial.com/uk up to the maximum permitted.

Hi,

I have a problem with my vaio svs1311, i never make the set of recovery disk, and the Hdd fails, I replace the hard disk with new one, went i try to power up my windows 7 did not start, automatically goes to bios, only if a press the assist button i can start my windows. My problem is that here in Mexico my center service can't provide the help, because my vaio is US, there is not support for my country.

Please, to some one, I need the set of recovery media for the vaio SVS1311 (i7, 8 ram, hdd 750 gb, windows 7 pro 64 bits)

Can anyboby help me?

Any idea?

Thanks for your time.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi dlehmann_2015,
Welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..
As you did not create a set of recovery disc's you will need to contact Sony Support to purchase a set..
http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/hub/prd-comp