Join now - be part of our community!

SS 3.1 available for Europe :-))

constantine_jk
Visitor

SS 3.1 available for Europe :-))

I just found out that SS 3.1 is available for Europe! The link is
http://www.sonydigital-link.com/DNA/nwHDD/nwHDD.asp?l=en

Do you think is ok for use with the VP. I cannot see any problem, but I am just asking since it is in the Network walkman support site.

38 REPLIES 38
Caspershow
Visitor

Seems that Sony has opened his eyes.:smileyhappy:

Hi!

Is it really true? I mean... which are the differences between 2.3 and 3.1? How about new features (if there are).

I use the first one, and I'd like to know if it actually worths the change!

Thanks in advance!

chris_lewis
Visitor

Well I have just called Sony to clarify if my HD1 is compatible, aparrently it is, and they are recommending all SS 2.x users UG to 3.1, The features are listed on the link to the download!

All previous 3.x issues were due to the fact that is was a US programme designed for a US OS!

Its always best to wait till the correct version is available imo!

I currently use 2.1 and am happy, I will do a backup and see what 3.1 looks like if I don't like it I will go back to 2.1 as I have no real need for MP3 compatibility.

C

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Here are the new features.

click me

I haven't tried the new version. But I'm pretty impressed about the new features. Yes, I think this version is better than version 2.3. But I miss the variable Bitrate for the MP3 Codec. I miss that also on Atrac3/ Atrac3Plus. Variable Bitrate is an important feature for all lossy Codecs. Particuarly if you use a low bitrate like 132kBit/s

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I would definately back up databases and music before touching SonicStage

seb21__
Visitor

definitely:smileynerd:

chris_lewis
Visitor

Here's the full sp...

1, It works with my HD1, so the VP shouldn't be a problem.
2, It looks a bit nicer
3, Some of my music is scattered all over the shop
4, Playlist/Album??? Its all done by the 'source data' again which has now dissapeared, you have to edit Album title instead.
5, I didn't need my backup either
6, Startup/Shutdown is much faster, as is track selection!!

Not too bad is my initial impression, I still have a bit of editing to do though!!!

C

profile.country.en_GB.title
@4967457401015621
Visitor

has anyone figured out yet if the playlist feature in SS3 is anything to do with the playlist feature on the VP?

simon.giesen
Visitor

what's about the german language version?

seb21__
Visitor

what's about the german language version?

try this link

http://www.sonydigital-link.com/DNA/SonicStage/SS31.asp?l=de

Conor456
Visitor

Hate to spoil the good news but it wont let me authorise my VP! i looked in device info, saw it wasnt there, went to help and it said some regions dont support authorisation, does any1 think i could authorise it using 2.X then upgrade to 3.1 again?