Join now - be part of our community!

SS 3.1 available for Europe :-))

constantine_jk
Visitor

SS 3.1 available for Europe :-))

I just found out that SS 3.1 is available for Europe! The link is
http://www.sonydigital-link.com/DNA/nwHDD/nwHDD.asp?l=en

Do you think is ok for use with the VP. I cannot see any problem, but I am just asking since it is in the Network walkman support site.

38 REPLIES 38
mvanwambeke
Visitor

From what I read in there explanation ( Sony ), The idea is that this ( in oppostion to the other upgrades ) is a upgrade that does not uninstall the previous version.

So all the drivers, device recognition ( the be able to download the songs back from your VP to the computer without "these tracks can only be downloaded on the original computer ") should be still in there.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm still waiting to do my update untill I have read some reactions :slight_smile:

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

You don't need a installed SonicStage2.3 if you want upgrade to SS3.1.

samartin
Visitor

Hmmm, well I installed the new version to a seperate folder SonicStage3.1 instead of just SonicStage and it did un-install the previous version...

As for myself I had no problem upgrading my SS and am really pleased that I went ahead and done it, but then I was one person who lost 4000 songs when I went from 2.3 to 3.0. Anyway that's water under the bridge and hopefully Sony are realising what a hack the software was and now realise they have to turn the software round into something quite useable to match iTunes...

seb21__
Visitor

The strange thing is, I haven't used my account for a long time, by CONNECT. Now I can't login with my old password and my security password for the e-mail-password rembering works also not.

Now I must write a mail to CONNECT, because they must delete my old account.:smileyrolling_eyes: I have definitely no desire to buy in this Online Store again.:smileynot_talking:

chris_lewis
Visitor

I had 2.1 and let the installer programme do its thing!

I have no real issues at all and it works well! I did do a backup just incase though!

I am sure all previous issues with 3.x were due to the version being for an American OS and not a European one.

C

seb21__
Visitor

True

LOL, I have never tried version 3.0.:smileygrin:

stix
Visitor

In the upgrade instructions, it says "Transfer back(check in) the tracks which are transferred(check out) to device/media before executing
Is this necessary?

chris_lewis
Visitor

Its probably best to follow all instuctions, it will only lead to bother if you don't!

C

stix
Visitor

wise words.... don't want to have to rip 4000 songs again....

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

wise words.... don't want to have to rip 4000 songs again....

Hehe what a nightmare