Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Laptop keeps crashing!

MCsound2
Visitor

Vaio Laptop keeps crashing!

Hi,

Bought a Vaio Laptop (PCG-K215B) in June ish and have had problems with it! After i had first installed SP2 i had major problems with it crashing loads. The final straw was when it crashed 3 times in less than half an hour so i did a full system recovery. Now the only programs i have on it are XPhome, SP2, and Office XP.

But it does still keep crashing. Not that regularly but enough for it to be a problem. maybe once or twice a day. Sometimes it does it when i am doing loads of stuff online and have a few windows open, but sometimes it just does it when i am not doing anything, so for no apparent reason.

Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks!

30 REPLIES 30
profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

problem is i can only use wireless connection for where my desk is in my flat! so no wireless=no internet!

That sucks. If you can try it out when you *don't* need the internet you may get better stability.

Kee-Lo where are you?!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

James right here LOL

MCsound2
Visitor

hey Kee-Lo
any ideas? If it doesnt crash when the wirelesss isnt plugged in thats all well and good, but no use cos i am pretty much always online when the computer is on!

kee-lo_

What laptop is it?
Is it an in-built wireless system?

Brianct
Visitor

Hi Matt

I have k115z model with xp sp2 installed, but before installing sp2, load all software you require from restore disk.

I also have a copy of Norton Systemworks which i run immediately after install from master disk which fixes about 200 faults, don't know what i would do without it.

try to get a copy of it from somewhere, you too will find it a lifesaver.

Hth
Brian

MCsound2
Visitor

its a PCG-K215B.
its not inbuilt wireless, it is a Linksys PCI card 802.11g.

thanks brian, will try that too..

kee-lo_

Have you checked Linksys for updates?

TygerTyger
Visitor

If you can possibly stomach SP2 I would give it a go, it's very good for a lot of wireless problems that are inherent in XP.

MCsound2
Visitor

Linksys has no updates 😞
already have SP2! still crashing!

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Have you axed BlueSpace NE? Its very mediocre compared with SP2 so try uninstalling it and reboot.