Join now - be part of our community!

Tablet S Spares

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
AnnoyedWithSonyUK

Tablet S Spares

Does anybody know where to obtain a spare PSU for a Tablet S? It would appear Sony have given up with it as their shop and official UK spares supplier does not gave any! What are we expected to do? Just because Sony released a new tablet with completely different parts why should we suffer? Not even a year old and my tablet looks like it is unsupported. Not happy. Come on Sony play fair by your customers.

I.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

AnnoyedWithSonyUK wrote:

But they are not on the offical sony website for sale! Mine is not broken, i just want a second one.

No they are not listed on the Sony online shop..:smileyconfused:

AnnoyedWithSonyUK wrote:

Does anybody know where to obtain a spare PSU for a Tablet S?

However in response to your question of where you can obtain a spare PSU for your Tablet S then the answer is from Vaio support using the contact details shown in the following link - Contact Sony support

The product number for the Tablet S's PSU is SGP-AC10V1 & it should cost around ~£79..

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi  AnnoyedWithSonyUK,

Have you tried contacting Sony support to see if they can supply a PSU for your Tablet S- Contact Sony support

profile.country.GB.title
AnnoyedWithSonyUK

No. If they had some why would they not sell them? Do you think they have a secret stash they are holding on to for some reason?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

AnnoyedWithSonyUK wrote:

Do you think they have a secret stash they are holding on to for some reason?

Not necessarily but if anyone would have any Tablet S power adaptors I would guess it would be Sony support..

profile.country.GB.title
AnnoyedWithSonyUK

But they are not on the offical sony website for sale! Mine is not broken, i just want a second one.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

AnnoyedWithSonyUK wrote:

No they are not listed on the Sony online shop..:smileyconfused:

AnnoyedWithSonyUK wrote:

Does anybody know where to obtain a spare PSU for a Tablet S?

However in response to your question of where you can obtain a spare PSU for your Tablet S then the answer is from Vaio support using the contact details shown in the following link - Contact Sony support

The product number for the Tablet S's PSU is SGP-AC10V1 & it should cost around ~£79..

profile.country.GB.title
AnnoyedWithSonyUK

My goodness. When these were on the Sony website when I purchased the tablet they were £29. I know we have high inflation, but that is just a really stupid price. Live and learn. Dont buy products with non std power supplies.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

Hey I don't work for Sony so could very well be wrong on the price I guess you'll now for sure if you contact Sony support..

You could do a search on google for a cheaper retailer, I have found one on Amazon or alternatively see if your local Sony centre can order one in for you..

profile.country.en_GB.title
mpattenden
New

AnnoyedWithSonyUK wrote:

My goodness. When these were on the Sony website when I purchased the tablet they were £29. I know we have high inflation, but that is just a really stupid price. Live and learn. Dont buy products with non std power supplies.

I bought one recently and £30 was the price from my local Sony Center in Leicester.

Also worth mentioning they were selling of Tablet S & Tablet P pretty cheap - but that the adapter was tstill full price but the no longer had any of the older Tablets on display - in a 'bargin Bucket' type thing and only a small experia tablet area.

HTH

Padster