Join now - be part of our community!

Camera issues

azzido
Enthusiast

Camera issues

Hi, I would like to collect all camera issues and possible improvements that was spotted so far:

1. 4k video recording stabilization is horrible, causing screen tearing, lags and focus problems.

2. No stabilization in Cinema Pro recording is a shame since it is sony's most advertised mode

We have ois now, why not make use of it?

3. No promised pictures in 21:9 dimension!

4. Many times 2x zoom is not using optical zoom but digital zoom instead

5. Camera launch and switching between all 3 sensors is slow, saving picture is slow too

6. No 4k 60fps mode

7. Light sources at night should be more muted since it is causing flare effect.

8. HDR mode is weak

9. Occasional camera crashes

Did someone found anything else?

60 REPLIES 60
Nathaniel
Visitor

I'm really disappointed there seems to be no 21:9 AR setting for the camera, look in the inbuilt support and it clearly shows 21:9 AR photo setting, there are even 21:9 photos pre loaded . So what's going on Sony?? I traded in my XZ3 and XZ2 Premium as the Xperia 1 looked so much better. Yes the screen is wonderful, but, why have a 21:9 AR screen when we can't take photos to fill it?? Even more annoying, why add a video tutorial in the Xperia 1 support app showing how to take 21:9 AR photos when the camera clearly cannot do this?? 

twocold
Visitor
Remco11
Visitor

The flash light (when used as a tool) is not bright enough. When used a flash (using the camera) it's okay.

I have not find a way to adjust the flash light. The light can not be used as a tool... Useless (Xperia 1) 

Pargsos
Visitor

In many cases the 2x zoom fails to generate images with the same quality as that of 1x, not that sharp, and out of focus or back focus is another problem. Any issue with the lens or the sensor?

azzido
Enthusiast

@Remco11 wrote:

The flash light (when used as a tool) is not bright enough. When used a flash (using the camera) it's okay.

I have not find a way to adjust the flash light. The light can not be used as a tool... Useless (Xperia 1) 

I hope future Xperias will use double flash lights with stronger leds so that it could be used as a flashlight too and will definitely have more sense for night shots. Weak flash led was Xperias issue since many years, time to improve it. 

jundao
Visitor

camera  capture the scene after pressing the button for 2 seconds when using camera button to start up the camera. xzp xz2,xz3 not like this, they could use camera button to start camera and capture the live pictures.

Xperia1user
Visitor

@jundao wrote:

camera  capture the scene after pressing the button for 2 seconds when using camera button to start up the camera. xzp xz2,xz3 not like this, they could use camera button to start camera and capture the live pictures.

These two seconds are really super annoying.

And I found that when you hold the object in your left hand, right hand holding the phone macro shoting,Never automatically focus on  object, always focusing on the background,even if this object fill most of composition,You need to manually select a focus point and then re-shoot, which is really complex. Never happen on previous model.Add the default focus point option please.

Sony mobile please give up this camera app now, completely redevelop  new one.

tomo100brt
Visitor

Yes, I have the same problem with Macro shots. It doesn't focus on object. This is embarrassing. Waiting for fix.

Xperia1user
Visitor

@tomo100brt wrote:

Yes, I have the same problem with Macro shots. It doesn't focus on object. This is embarrassing. Waiting for fix.

even if you choose the focus point the macro still does not focus frequently

azzido
Enthusiast

Guys I am really disappointed in a software treatment for Xperia 1. It's been a while and there is no any update apart from Google's security patch... On this forum we can find many issues reported, as well as many wishes related to software improving functionality and experience. 

For camera only: no 21:9 mode for pics, horrible 4k video stabilization, too soft pics, focus issues, no night mode and light sources are over blown for night shots, camera app and switching between modes is slow etc.

And there is no any communication from Sony what to expect (as usually communication does not exists at sony mobile communications).

This makes me sad Slightly_frowning_Face