Join now - be part of our community!

Camera issues

azzido
Enthusiast

Camera issues

Hi, I would like to collect all camera issues and possible improvements that was spotted so far:

1. 4k video recording stabilization is horrible, causing screen tearing, lags and focus problems.

2. No stabilization in Cinema Pro recording is a shame since it is sony's most advertised mode

We have ois now, why not make use of it?

3. No promised pictures in 21:9 dimension!

4. Many times 2x zoom is not using optical zoom but digital zoom instead

5. Camera launch and switching between all 3 sensors is slow, saving picture is slow too

6. No 4k 60fps mode

7. Light sources at night should be more muted since it is causing flare effect.

8. HDR mode is weak

9. Occasional camera crashes

Did someone found anything else?

60 REPLIES 60
Xperia1user
Visitor

@azzido2 wrote:

Guys I am really disappointed in a software treatment for Xperia 1. It's been a while and there is no any update apart from Google's security patch... On this forum we can find many issues reported, as well as many wishes related to software improving functionality and experience. 

For camera only: no 21:9 mode for pics, horrible 4k video stabilization, too soft pics, focus issues, no night mode and light sources are over blown for night shots, camera app and switching between modes is slow etc.

And there is no any communication from Sony what to expect (as usually communication does not exists at sony mobile communications).

This makes me sad Slightly_frowning_Face

Many xperia1 user start to lose patience,I will wait for an update, and if there is no obvious improvement, I will refunds. Especially this fingerprint recognition

JM72
Visitor

What is your issue with the fingerprint reader? For me it's working perfectly (almost too well, as I have inadvertently unlocked my phone at times when inserting it into my pocket). Granted, it took a few efforts to set it up. 

Xperia1user
Visitor

@JM72 wrote:

What is your issue with the fingerprint reader? For me it's working perfectly (almost too well, as I have inadvertently unlocked my phone at times when inserting it into my pocket). Granted, it took a few efforts to set it up. 

In first few week I feel the same,then..... see the link

/t5/Xperia-1/Fingerprint-recognition-rate-vdeclining-and-unstable-after-one/m-p/1380289#M1772

JM72
Visitor

That's troubling, but so far it's been working just fine for me - even with slightly damp fingers. Perhaps it's a matter of getting the prints recorded in just the right way, and the enrollment wizard might not be delivering consistent results in that regard. 

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

See  my awesome beginner photographer thread I don't have a problem

It's video stability that is the issue with me. 

Gilgamesh the first ONE and ONLY King
profile.country.GB.title
llstjoh
Explorer

Sony needs to take onboard the issues stated as, they may loose new customers for their next model. The camera is much to slow and upgrade your UI quickly.

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

I agree in part.

Camera ui has never been a problem for me, its fast and even faster after the update.

quality photos too.

However...... the 4k stabilisation in video is an issue AND in 1080p also.

1080P on its own is fine, but add HDR then things have a problem,

See my test results thread,please.

Danny49
Visitor

I'm very dissapointed about the maximum 16:9 photos, not even 18,5. I'm going back to Samsung. Goodluck Sony... 

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

That is your decision. 

However have you thought that Sony is in the middle of producing an update on this?

I can feel your pain as I'm angry of the lack of stability at 4k but come on Samsung phones have issues also, never mind the severe problem of over saturated colours that are akin to a resident of Chernobyl on Irridiated mushrooms.

I feel your anger but to come here only to say that you are swapping phones, is just silly. 

Wait for an update, mate. 

Juanmaez
Visitor

A todo eso añadir que en modo manual con una exposición larga y un iso relativamente alto aparecen "artefactos" como pequeños granos de colores rojos, azules y verdes,haciendo la foto totalmente inservible,menos mal que hizo el desarrollo la gente de alpha... 

En modo automático en entornos de día me parecen buenas fotos con buena interpretación de colores y nitidez, pero es lenta y el problema de los granos de colores es imperdonable en un smartphone de casi 1000€, no más sony gracias 

To all that to add that in manual mode with a long exposure and a relatively high iso appear "artifacts" like small grains of red, blue and green colors, making the photo totally useless, luckily that made the development of alpha people .. .

In automatic mode in day environments I find good photos with good interpretation of colors and sharpness, but it is slow and the problem of color grains is unforgivable in a smartphone of almost € 1000, no more sony and thanks

gt