Join now - be part of our community!

Camera issues

azzido
Enthusiast

Camera issues

Hi, I would like to collect all camera issues and possible improvements that was spotted so far:

1. 4k video recording stabilization is horrible, causing screen tearing, lags and focus problems.

2. No stabilization in Cinema Pro recording is a shame since it is sony's most advertised mode

We have ois now, why not make use of it?

3. No promised pictures in 21:9 dimension!

4. Many times 2x zoom is not using optical zoom but digital zoom instead

5. Camera launch and switching between all 3 sensors is slow, saving picture is slow too

6. No 4k 60fps mode

7. Light sources at night should be more muted since it is causing flare effect.

8. HDR mode is weak

9. Occasional camera crashes

Did someone found anything else?

60 REPLIES 60
mfuad
Visitor

Haven't tested recording the video too long, but I can say that taking many pictures in portrait (bokeh) mode also overheats the phone. After about 20-30 continuous shooting  Eye focus becomes slow and even lags behind, it takes 1-2 seconds to take each picture, the camera app becomes very laggy and as a result I get very bad photos comparing to those which I get in the beginning of shooting. Then it says that some functions will be disabled because of overheating issues. I often take pictures of my kids and they don't stay still, they always move left and right, shaking their heads and so on. I mean conditions are not easy but I expect a flagship's camera to perform way better.