Join now - be part of our community!

Camera issues

azzido
Enthusiast

Camera issues

Hi, I would like to collect all camera issues and possible improvements that was spotted so far:

1. 4k video recording stabilization is horrible, causing screen tearing, lags and focus problems.

2. No stabilization in Cinema Pro recording is a shame since it is sony's most advertised mode

We have ois now, why not make use of it?

3. No promised pictures in 21:9 dimension!

4. Many times 2x zoom is not using optical zoom but digital zoom instead

5. Camera launch and switching between all 3 sensors is slow, saving picture is slow too

6. No 4k 60fps mode

7. Light sources at night should be more muted since it is causing flare effect.

8. HDR mode is weak

9. Occasional camera crashes

Did someone found anything else?

60 REPLIES 60
Urrl
Visitor

Mispost

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Can you see any difference in quality.

I mean when an app does a lot of processing it uses more resources and so more battery and produces more heath.

Urrl
Visitor

I just received the Sony software update and looks like no more overheating issues; I was able to record a full ten minutes 1080p at 60fps. Need to test more but so far this is great news. Focus speed/hunting seems to have improved also.

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

@Urrl wrote:

I just received the Sony software update and looks like no more overheating issues; I was able to record a full ten minutes 1080p at 60fps. Need to test more but so far this is great news. Focus speed/hunting seems to have improved also.

This is great news fella Slightly_smiling_Face

Gilgamesh the first ONE and ONLY King
Urrl
Visitor

I also recall hooking the phone up to my computer and running Sony software repair. The program crashed and the phone seemed bricked but after holding down the power and one or both of the volume buttons she revived. This could have actually fixed the overheating issue and not the update since some claim it was only for security.

elsayyid
Visitor

My biggest issue is how when the camera employes eye AF in auto mode, that the software automatically takes shots using the "soft snap" profile. I'm assuming this is because the camera thinks I'm trying to take a portrait shot. BUT, the settings give you the option to turn off the skin softening effect. This option is IGNORED when eye AF is used, which is ridiculous. The softening effect is way too strong. I turn it off for a reason, Sony. Don't override it!

Buddy122
Visitor

Looks like camera overheating issues are back. I've had this phone since June 8th and repaired software with Sony Companion, reset the phone at least twice and got the latest updates.

Taylor17
Visitor

Wow are u serious...those pics are great. I took mine to my O2 store and they said it's not a fault...but just how the phones are and should just wait for an update.

Buddy122
Visitor

I went into safe mode and recorded at 60fps with no overheating issues. Next I rebooted out of safe mode and cut off any app notifications I did not feel were necessary. Next I uninstalled any and all apps that I could do without. I then recorded at 60fps and had no overheating issues and cut off recording at 10 minutes. Whereas the phone used to overheat in 3 minutes it does not do it. I will run further tests but at least things are looking favorable!

Buddy122
Visitor

This morning I was able to record a half hour of 60fps however when I immediately began another recording the overheating warning came up and I was only able to record 13 minutes more before it shut down the camera app. At least I see an improvement however still not happy. Sony needs this cam app to be more dependable.