Join now - be part of our community!

Very bad signal on Sony Xperia 1 II

profile.country.CZ.title
SHribek

Very bad signal on Sony Xperia 1 II

Hello, I would like to ask you for help. I have old HTC U11 phone and new Sony Xperia 1 II.

But I found out that with Old HTC I have much better Speed and Latency. As I work in IP, I did tests towards our loop used to measure lines, but it gives exactly same results as speedtest net.

Sony Xperia 1 II Latency - 38ms!
HTC U 11 Latency - 16 ms
Huawei Latency - 17 ms

The speed is even worse.

Signal reception about 10db less on Sony Xperia 1 II.

HTC had whole flat usable 3G, on Sony Xperia 1 II it connects but its useless. Speed measurement - unable to connect. 

LTE

HTC Speed - 68/40Mbit
Sony Xperia 1 II Speed 28/1Mbit

Do you please have the same experiences?
Or it is problem of my equipment? +20ms on such expensive phone Is really deal braker for me. 😞
I did 30 tests in many times, exactly same place. The same BTS.

Old HTC whole flat 1800 + 800 LTE. 

Xperia has problem to find 1800 even by window. But sometimes it is worse and it has even 1 signal bar on 800MHz. 100m from BTS. Really sad from such xperiences on high end phone. 

Thank you for your time

32 REPLIES 32
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

I got your point, but as long as Sony didn't confirm that the issue is a known issue with the device, they will deal with it as a normal issue that could face a smartphone. In anyways, as your device has reached for 0 for the signal bars lately and the SIM card is fine in another device, i think you should give the repair a try, there could be something wrong with the device.

profile.country.GB.title
N00bSaibot
Explorer

Not a tech guy, but I can confirm I have similar problems on my device.

Really disappointed as I really liked this phone( it's design), but I had 2 so far and both had problems. Going this way I'll either change the brand or they will send me the 1 iii, maybe that one will work better.

profile.country.CZ.title
SHribek

I will send it to repair, even if it is big complication for me, but I'm not sure if it will help. I will write here result.

I am afraid that I will not get money back even if they not repair it. Sony support is really not too much accomodating. On my post relating to bad upload they even didn't reply.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

You just need to explain the issue very good when you fill the repair form so they would have an idea about the exact fault with your device when they inspect it , and if it's related to a hardware issue they'll just fix it and send it back to you. Testing the device after the repair will let you know what they have fixed in the device exactly and if the performance will improve or not.

profile.country.CZ.title
SHribek

Hello, so my phone is finally back after repair.

Result: Fault found, replaced: A5021064A XQ-AT51 EXCHANGE UNIT B

Does somebody knows what unit it is? I tried to google it, but found only the item, but no description what is it.

Unfortunatelly many things changed within the phone, I do not have 2G only, 3G only 4G only possibilities in networks menu. VOLTE is not available, VoWIFI is not available after the repair. It was operating OK in past, now there is even no option for volte / vowifi in menu. Does somebody knows how to get volte/vowifi back, please?

Thank you

profile.country.GB.title
N00bSaibot
Explorer

Call them back and ask for another phone/ another repair or to guide you on what needs to be done to get those functions back.

profile.country.CZ.title
SHribek

Hello, thank you, I did it before, but they do not know and forwarded it
somewhere, I asked here to found out if it is some common issue for some
advanced users here.
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Did you try to check with your network operator regarding this, as both of the Wi-Fi calling and VOLTE are network operator related services. And as the device gets flashed in the repair center that might removed the services.

profile.country.CZ.title
SHribek

Hello, yes we checked it. Tried also reactivation of both services, but
without success. I checked it with SIM card of other operator too, which
works on volte with another phone. On Xperia again no Volte, no IMS
registration.

I have to say never ever Sony phone.

Reply from Sony is - we have no reply from our partner, you can send it
back again. But I really want operating phone not wasting time by sending
phone again to services and communicating... Very bad support from Sony, no
place to complain.
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Your phone has the standard software on it, for Volte you need an 02 phone running o2 software, or EE phone running EE software, for example, and you don't have that, as it will be a generic European firmware, or whatever country you are in.