Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 10 III - Awful green tint and flickering

profile.country.PL.title
Ransho
New

Xperia 10 III - Awful green tint and flickering

Hi, is there any official statement about problems with 10 III screen? Many users report issues and mine also has faults at low brighness - green tint instead of grey (this is default black wallpaper) :

DSC_0725.JPG

Another example when dark part of the screen looks very bad with greenish gradients (some of them even flickers..) :

DSC_0723.JPG

64 REPLIES 64
profile.country.CZ.title
RobSyr

I have to agree with mksuuk  on that one. The issue has been well known for a really long time and in this time us - users and amateurs - have managed to prove that this issue is indeed software related and can be fixed.

I really hope that our long-awaited update will come soon because I really like this phone. Oh and yeah, while they are fixing stuff the camera needs some serious tweaking.

profile.country.GB.title
RedX10

After the October update the green tint has gone, the black crush is reduced but not totally fixed and the camera is snappier.

Less time between tapping the shutter and actual capture.

profile.country.US.title
mksuuk

What is black crush?

profile.country.CZ.title
RobSyr

Glad to report that update 62.0.A.3.131 fixed the green tint issue.

profile.country.GB.title
petarjovanovic
Explorer

Yes, it's finally gone. So it was a firmware issue, as many of us thought, after all.

profile.country.GB.title
Breaker19
Explorer

Since I bought this phone I have been following this thread for months because I had the same issue and I can confirm that everything's fine now. Today I got the software update 62.0.A.3.131 and Sony solved the problem.

profile.country.GB.title
Lonewolf-noble6

Hopefully the customised UK variant will get the update sometime next week 

profile.country.GB.title
SpitfireMk

Yesterday I received the update and I can confirm that the issue is gone.

profile.country.GB.title
Zalulu
Explorer

Hi,

I have the screen problem too..I bought the phone few days ago. My firmware version is 62.0.A.3.163 on Global EEA-A2.

Do i still have to receive the .131 that fix it maybe?