Join now - be part of our community!

playmemories apps and ilc7rmk2

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
adwb1949
Explorer

playmemories apps and ilc7rmk2

I originaly bought  multiple erxposure and motion shot  apps for my orginal A7 but still cannot down load them to the A7Rmk2 despite even being offed them as free apps when I bought the camera!!!

does any one have any idea or news on

a]  what Sony is doing about this ?

b] why are they for every variation of the 7 series bar the 7rmk2 ?

c] why do Sony not answer the question on their on website contact us pages ?

d] how do I get my money back from them?

e] how on earth do you mamge to get any contact with this company, ?

even ebay and google are easier to get to speak to a live person.

Alistair

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi @adwb1949,

on the off chance you haven't noticed already I just thought I would let you know that both Motion Shot & Multiple Exposure are now showing as compatible with your ILCE-7RMK2..

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

Normally, if you buy an app, you can install it on 10 different cameras. Doesn't even have to be A7 series!

If you log in on the playmemories camera apps portal site, you get a tab: "my apps". If you click on that, you can see what apps you own and how many licenses are still available.

Maybe you got a different license, because you got them for free.

Also, I have troubles installing apps via the pc, but if you already bought an app, it is easier to open the app-page on your camera, (if your camera is connected to your home network -> recommended!) and download/install it from there.

Explorer

@Portmixus wrote:

Normally, if you buy an app, you can install it on 10 different cameras. Doesn't even have to be A7 series!

true but the A7r2 is not listed

If you log in on the playmemories camera apps portal site, you get a tab: "my apps". If you click on that, you can see what apps you own and how many licenses are still available.

yes they they are in my my apps I never  asked about that what I asked is quite clear in my post

Maybe you got a different license, because you got them for free. ??????????????

Also, I have troubles installing apps via the pc, but if you already bought an app, it is easier to open the app-page on your camera, (if your camera is connected to your home network -> recommended!) and download/install it from there.

i never said a word about installing aps ?

its simple if you use IE and not Chrome or Firefox and use the supplied cable

Do you work for Sony , your answer sounds like it?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi adwb1949,
Welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

In case you are not aware unless the words Sony appear under there avatar, replies on this forum, including those with the title Expert, are from users trying to help you & others in their spare time.. Occasionally some of these posts are from people whose native language is not English so please try & appreciate that they are trying to help you..

Reaching out to one of my contacts within Sony I have learned that the multi exposure & motion shot apps are currently not compatible with the a7Rii..

I am waiting to hear why & when this will be resolved so please bear with me..

In the meantime I have also passed on your comments to another of my contacts within Sony regarding the poor support you claim to have received & hopefully someone from within Sony will be in contact with you in a few days..

profile.country.GB.title
adwb1949
Explorer

Thank you for your reply and assistance. I appreciate your use of your contacts in this manner and indeed I have yet again been contacted with regard to this and again had assurance the matter will be resolved, I await the out come of that.

As a past moderator on large photographic websites and a current moderator on a couple of very active facebook photography groups I completely fail to see why people feel the need to respond to serious questions especially ones of a technical nature when they have no knowledge or any useful input to offer the OP.

its the same with people who hijack a post and completely change the direction of the discussion I also fail to see why they feel the need to do this, In both case it is a best poor forum etiquette and at worst plain bad manners.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Glad to read someone has been in contact, could you update this thread once you have a solution please & if I hear anything from my contact I will post an update also..

I notice this thread has been marked as solved would it be better if we left this unsolved until we know your problem has been rectified??

profile.country.GB.title
adwb1949
Explorer

Ok will do

profile.country.GB.title
adwb1949
Explorer

I have been offered money back which might or might not have happened , i have not checked, but I was promised faithfully that I would have a answer by last Friday, guess what ?still waiting, I am not holding my breath..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

Coukd you check your account for the refund & let me know if it has been credited or not..

Was the answer your waiting on to do with multi exposure & motion shot apps not being compatible with the a7Rii??

profile.country.GB.title
adwb1949
Explorer

no refund can't say i'm surprised

yes, correct I still have  no answer as to why these aps work with every A7 model / version l except the A7Rmk2

I don't just want confirmation they wont work,  that is obvious since the A7Rmk2  are not on the list for the ap

I want to know why, the aps wont work especially even the cheapest point and shoot has multiple exposures built in these days 

I am using this camera for a living but seriously begin to wonder about it with all the stupid little faults it has