Join now - be part of our community!

playmemories apps and ilc7rmk2

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
adwb1949
Explorer

playmemories apps and ilc7rmk2

I originaly bought  multiple erxposure and motion shot  apps for my orginal A7 but still cannot down load them to the A7Rmk2 despite even being offed them as free apps when I bought the camera!!!

does any one have any idea or news on

a]  what Sony is doing about this ?

b] why are they for every variation of the 7 series bar the 7rmk2 ?

c] why do Sony not answer the question on their on website contact us pages ?

d] how do I get my money back from them?

e] how on earth do you mamge to get any contact with this company, ?

even ebay and google are easier to get to speak to a live person.

Alistair

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

thanks for the reply I'll ask my contact to see if they can get an update for me on the refund..

I think we both know that the two apps don't currently work so I'm hoping you or I get feedback on when they will be, I'll also see if I can get an update on this..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi just a quick update..

I have been informed that the refund is being processed so should appear in your bank soon..

Still awaiting information on wether the app will be compatible or not with the a7RII, however I have been also informed that someone should hopefully be in contact today or tomorrow..

Please keep me upto date..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi @adwb1949 I have been advised that Sony have spoken to you could you please cnfirm this is correct??

profile.country.GB.title
adwb1949
Explorer

yes had call to say refund can take up to 17 days from last Friday so we will see what happens. still no answer bout the compatibility issue, caller today said it been escalated what ever that is supposed to mean,?

again not hold in my breath over this issue.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks for your reply..
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

I'm guessing you have received your refund by now..

Just thought I would update you that as you know Multiple Exposure is currently not compatible with a7RII but Sony will hopefully extend the compatibility to that model at a later date, unfortunately I could not get any actual date but at least it is a step forward..

profile.country.GB.title
adwb1949
Explorer

I did receive the refund, I do not understand why they cannot sort out their software to work on a flagship model, its beyond belief to be honest

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

THanks glad to know you got your refund..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi @adwb1949,

on the off chance you haven't noticed already I just thought I would let you know that both Motion Shot & Multiple Exposure are now showing as compatible with your ILCE-7RMK2..

profile.country.GB.title
adwb1949
Explorer

Thank you for the info, I have reposted onj other Sony forums as well