Join now - be part of our community!

Small dust spec in SEL50F18 NEX lens

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
amit_jain_14
New

Small dust spec in SEL50F18 NEX lens

hello all,

finally managed to get my hands on the nex 50mm 1.8 for my nex 5. All is good except there is a small dust spec behind the front element.

I can live with it i guess but woul prefer if sony would replace the lens. Tried calling them on their support no. in my 15 min break at work and got through a guy who told me that the lens would need to be repaired. I asked how would he feel if had a new lens and if he was told to send it for repair on the first day. he then put me hold to speak to sales to confirm my order. after 10 mins i gave up and have to go back to work.

as soon as i went back at work, i had a missed call on both my mobile phones which i couldnt answer but no one bother to leave a voicemail. so not impressed with customer services but surely i should be able to return within distance selling regulations and order another one. i was just hoping sony would be more logical with it and just send me a replacement but its the same old call centre story with big companies.

any suggestions peeps?

Message was edited by: amit_jain_14

Tags (3)
20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.en_GB.title
amit_jain_14
New

Got the Lens this morning after posting the other one myself. This one had a special white sticker on top of the Sony Seal for some reason. I double checked the serial no. just in case they sent the same one back.

It is definitely different though have to say it does a much smaller spec than the last one and is only visible in direct light source. I don't think I will bother complaining about this one after the whole saga.

There are a few lessons to be learnt here for me:

1. Try to buy Sony products from anywhere other than Sony website.

2. Sony has lost some of my goodwill and I will be looking to switch from NEX platform if something similar and better came along.

I will though thank the Customer Service Manager who after my last call, kept me up to date with the proceedings and left me voicemails to confirm the dispatch of the replacement etc.

So Sony I will give you another chance and not yet get rid of all things Sony in my life but will prefer a better service next time.