Join now - be part of our community!

43W755C Multi Coloured Circles and reboots

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Startrekker24689

43W755C Multi Coloured Circles and reboots

Hi

I went for dinner and turned off my 43W755C which said there was an update that would take 30 mins.  I pressed update now and left it for dinner (45 mins or so) then when i got back to my tv it was off and i pressed the remote to turn it on and got no response.  i presssed other buttons on the remote to try and turn it on and nothing.  I pulled the power cable out and left for a minute and then plugged it back in.  i get just passed the Sony logo and there are 4 multi coloured circles  for a few seconds then the tv reboots and the same thing. only way to turn off is to pull the power cable.

I tried unplugging for 10 mins and the same result.  i have pulled all the devices out and same result and even put the tv in another room in a normal plug (i have a surge protector and have had no problems in the passed year) and the same result.  

I cannot do a factory reset or reset as i cannot get passed the Flashing multi coloured circles and rebooting.  

I tried to download the firmware on a USB and put that in and plug the mains in but get the same result.

The tv is a year old and think its in the warranty (got 6 year from Richer sounds free) and am going to call them tomorrow just wandered if anyone could help.

Many Thanks 

27 REPLIES 27
profile.country.GB.title
Startrekker24689

There is no re or amber light that i can see.  I am using an ipad to take the video.

Do you mean the light at the bottom of the tv (it is a white light flashing)?

Update:

There are no bluetooth devices connecting automatically the wifi is by my router but i thought it wasnt getting that far in the boot.  Also i cannot turn off the wifi on the tv as not getting to that in the boot.

last night i tried turning off my router and turning on the TV with nothing connected at all and pressing the colume down on the remote which does nothing.  

Turning on the TV with the Power and volume down on the TV itself does nothing either.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Yes I am sorry. Possibly it is the reflection on brown desk.

profile.country.GB.title
Startrekker24689

No worries.  i tried turning off the wifi and the bluetooth on my phone with no result.

profile.country.GB.title
Startrekker24689

Hi

I just wanted to update you i managed to get mine working.

I did the following: 

1. Unplug the AC from the power
2. Press VOL- and power key on the unit (NOT REMOTE) and keep it pressed in
3. Re-plug the mains, keep pressing the VOL- and Power key
4. The status LED will turn green after approx. 30 seconds
5. Let go of the keys
6. The TV will restart itself 2 times and get back into the initial setup screens
7. Go through the initial setup, but do not tune any channels or register the google account 
8. Once in the home menu, go to settings, Storage and reset and preform again a “factory data reset” from here.
9. Complete the factory reset, when coming back to the initial screen, please complete normally (tuning, google account etc).

It is from Sony and i think i was not holding the buttons down long enough as i never saw the green light till today. I have fully set it back up and running.  

Great now no problems i hope.

Anonymous
Not applicable
profile.country.GB.title
Hannie85uk
Explorer

Did you manage to resolve this? I have the exact same issue. It’s driving me INSANE!!

profile.country.GB.title
Hannie85uk
Explorer

I’ve done everything suggested about twenty times but all I get is the x4 coloured spinning wheels which then freeze and TV then goes off again. It’s ridiculous 

profile.country.GB.title
Ianse1
Explorer

I have exactly the same problem. I bought my 55 inch bravia thinking Sony would be reliable, good quality. Has been a problem within a few months of getting it. Had a 5 year warranty, covered three engineer call outs for various mother board issues. Out of warranty October 2020. August 2021, not starting up, called Sony, advised me to reset tv. Impossible to do, multicoloured rings keep appearing and disappearing.

Completely regret buying this product, it's been problematic since the first year