Join now - be part of our community!

65XF9005 Video App Freezes on High Bit Rate 4k

profile.country.GB.title
PaneDi

65XF9005 Video App Freezes on High Bit Rate 4k

I recently updated the tv to firmware 65.10 and apart from the hdr in the menus while playing movies(grayed subs) i noticed that when i play a 4k high bit rate movie from usb 3.0 external disk in usb 3.0 port the movie freezes after playing normal for about 30-40 minutes an the only way to fix it is to restart the tv..this wasnt happening before the update

anyone else having this issue ? 

what is sony thinking without even testing the new firmware ? 

i am a bit dissapointed .also from the fact that it has only 2gb RAM but thats another story ...

any ideas ?

64 REPLIES 64
profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

Link to amazon order here. Tbh would have thought most would work.  Usb 2 port should give the higher speed - it's the lan adaptor that needs to be gigabit 

Anker AK-A7514041 3-Port USB 3.0 Ultra Slim Data Hub for Macbook, Mac Pro / mini, iMac, Surface Pro,...  

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor
profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

Dont think the link is working but it still shows as available at £15.29.  Ideally you'd use a smaller specific gigabit Lan adaptor one as its a bit bulky with the USB hub ports

Link pasted as plain text Anker? Unibody 3-Port USB 3.0 and... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00PC0J1VC?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Anker? Unibody 3-Port USB 3.0 and... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00PC0J1VC?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share 

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

Sadly as posted in the other thread I don't think this is working as TV saying ethernet is not connected when I switched it on and it's connected via the adapter. 

Have had a quick play but currently no joy on getting it working via the adapter. 

profile.country.GR.title
allareas
Explorer

I have almost the same problem, while watching from the usb port 3, a 4k file (hevc remux dts) the picture is just fine and with smooth movement but the sound occasionally, lost or changed to stereo from the avr.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Audio/Video sync has nothing to do with network streaming performance. If the streaming is too high video will stutter together with audio

profile.country.GB.title
PaneDi

still waiting for an official response .

i contacted sony support (here in greece) and they told me that a android 9 pie firmware update is coming for xf9005. 

maybe that will fix it...

profile.country.GB.title
imMike

That’s interesting, hopefully that will fix it? Did they say when is it going to be available?
profile.country.GB.title
PaneDi

not really ! but they  said its going to come eventually. i believe even if it comes it will be full of bugs cause of the old kernel mt5891 has ...we will see 

if it doesnt fix by then i will demand a refund or a replacement

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@PaneDi  ha scritto:

not really ! but they  said its going to come eventually. i believe even if it comes it will be full of bugs cause of the old kernel mt5891 has ...we will see 

if it doesnt fix by then i will demand a refund or a replacement

May you remind which is the bug you are having?