Join now - be part of our community!

Amazon Video - Juddering Issues

faheemrazzaq
Explorer

Amazon Video - Juddering Issues

I have upgraded my 55xd9305 yesterday and it proved to be a bad move. Since then a lot of judder specially on 4K stuff from Amazon and YouTube. It settles if left alone for couple of minutes. Clicking a buttong on remote such as volume or action will again introduce judder. I also noticed that while watching some 4K HDR on Amazon last night, the sound was out of sync with video as well. I hope a fix comes soon.

78 REPLIES 78
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Yeah, the cheap part is what made me finally subscribing for good to Amazon Prime. I received the SMS for the 19.99€ payment yesterday, and it feels unnatural that I won't have to pay again for another year. Also considering that Amazon is my main online shop, so I will also benefit from the free 1 day deliveries. And the Video Prime content isn't bad at all. Hopefully they will enlarge the UHD catalogue, though.

Still, the app is bad. Sometime I start some videos and they play in German. The subtitles get turned off or change to another language as well. So do the font settings. And I did set all of them in the web. Move forward/backward is a huge pain with a remote. It drives me mad.

profile.country.GB.title
allencresswell

It just goes from bad to worse!

I wanted to buy a 4k Bluray player and have had such a poor relationship with Sony devices over the last 3 or 4 years I decided to opt for a Panasonic.

It set up without fuss or bother works from the Sony TV control!

The Amazon Prime service works without issue!

Once again;

if the Amazon service works with my Sony BD Home cinema, works with my Roku (everywhere throughout my home) and works perfectly with the new Panasonic 4K player THEN WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH IT NOT WORKING AS WELL WITH THE SONY TV????????

All are linked to the same broadband service via the same router either by wired or wireless.

COME ON SONY. SPILL THE BEANS. YOU ARE LETTING FAITHFULL AND LOYAL BUYERS DOWN BY PROVIDING UNPROVEN AND SHABBY EQUIPMENT ON THE LOOSE AND THEN HIDING AWAY FROM YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WHEN SOMETHING IS OBVIOUSLY WRONG!       FOR SHAME SONY.

sonosman
Explorer

I've encountered the same juddering issues on my 55XD9305, especially since the latest Android update. After reading these forums i tried a couple of the posted suggestions:-

1 - Complete Factory Reset of TV

2 - Amend permissions for 'storage' on Amazon Prime App.

Lo and behold all my juddering issues have disappeared - Amazon, Netflix, Youtube, Google - all play fine now with no juddering or brief pauses when using volume control etc.

Don't know if it's a combination of both or just one of them but it seems to have done the trick.

Happy Days! 

profile.country.GB.title
allencresswell

Many thanks for the insight. I'll give it a whirl and see what happens.

Just to add a bit of news, I've just bought a Panasonic 4K Blu Ray "smart" player and the Amazon app works perfectly on that!

Makes you wonder eh???

profile.country.GB.title
allencresswell

hi,

thought I had better try this one and give it all time to settle down before reporting back the findings.

I have factory reset the TV and amended the storage permissions on the app and lo and behold..........................

no change!

Still judders and jerks and makes it impossible to watch directly from the TV app.

On the upside, it still works perfectly on the app on the Bluray Home cinema and indeed  on the Panasonic 4k Blu Ray.

Makes you wonder what we used to do in the days before "Smart TV's".

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Just an update. After upgrading to Android 7.0 the situation.. seems even worse! I tried a couple of UHD videos and at the beginning it was lagging, stutteiring like never before. Forget about changing volume or going into display settings.

One positive note, but I don't know if it will be a general rule or if it was a good day for the netwrok, it took less time going Ultra HD. Only few seconds.

profile.country.GB.title
dominicforrest
Explorer

This onlt started after the Marchmellow update.   Strangely pausing it immediately it start for 30 seconds resolves.

mkrsony8
Explorer

Just to note that this issue doesn't happen with Netflix, even in 4K. It also settles after about 2-3 minutes of playback. Factory reset had no effect. I have a super-fast fibre connection, and the TV is connected via wireless to an Airport Extreme a few feet away.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

For me, the juddering issue improved quite a bit lately. Apparently Amazon did some updates on the servers...

profile.country.GB.title
Steve_J
Explorer

I've had this problem now since around May on my KD-55X8509C.  I logged in last night to try again, expecting a fix after such a long time and it's still there! 

Amazon plays fine on my xbox one, but stutters at random intervals via the Sony app.  No other apps seem affected, it's purely the Amazon app.

Did anyone find a fix?