Join now - be part of our community!

Amazon Video - Juddering Issues

faheemrazzaq
Explorer

Amazon Video - Juddering Issues

I have upgraded my 55xd9305 yesterday and it proved to be a bad move. Since then a lot of judder specially on 4K stuff from Amazon and YouTube. It settles if left alone for couple of minutes. Clicking a buttong on remote such as volume or action will again introduce judder. I also noticed that while watching some 4K HDR on Amazon last night, the sound was out of sync with video as well. I hope a fix comes soon.

78 REPLIES 78
profile.country.GB.title
DKM1968
Explorer

Same issue,bad juddering when watching HD or 4k from amazon, . youtube seems ok, odd glitch but not so much on Netflix

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

If the stuttering appears using an AVR/Soundbar I am afraid there is a conflict between Amazon Video and the (broken) passthrough. personally, at least in Android 7.0 I greatly reduced the problem changing Output Dolby Digital Plus to Dolby Digital, like in this picture (sorry, in Italian. But it should be understandable):

Bravia Output DD Plus.png

Again, it doesn't totally fix it, but after a couple of time it gets stable. The main issue is that the voice is often out of sync, especially after skipping backward or forward (which is also a way to fix it). Oh, after setting Dolby Digital as described turning OFF/ON the AVR may improve the vision as well.

As far as I am concerned the Amazon Video app shouldn't have any CPU issue any longer (it uses no more than 30-40% of CPU. Even much less) and I am not sure about RAM usage. To me this really seems to be an issue with the audio API. If the issue persists just with the TV speakers then I don't know.

A1-So-Slow
Explorer

That didn't noticeably change anything for me.

The most frustrating thing for me is that the app works amazingly in my upstairs SAMSUNG telly which is over 5 years old :rage: and is worth a fraction :tired: of what I paid for the Sony A1.

Come on Sony sort it out!!

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

More than Sony this time should be Amazon. The bad news is that Amazon updates the app only with the Android updates. The good news (hopefully...) is that when the new Android update will arrive other than having an updated Amazon Video app it should be fixing some Android bugs.. But I am not holding my breath on it anymore.

profile.country.GB.title
Steve_J
Explorer

It is a disgrace that such a premium company can't do something so basic.

After your previous comment about the passthrough, i tried tinkering with the sound settings on the TV rather than the AV and found that turning Clearaudio+ off helped - but didn't solve it.  I'd be able to watch one episode (although it would take 2-3 minutes for the TV to catch up enough for me actually be able to pause the TV show and change the sound settings), but as soon as another started it would fail again.  I'd then need to go in, enable Clearaudio, then disable it again.  It was bareable but not perfect - strange.

I hadn't realised that Sony couldn't update the app without pushing out an OS update - that's pretty bad.  Amazon finally released an official app in the play store in August, so i'm hoping they continue to develop that and open it up to android TVs.  I can dream...

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Well, we have got an Android uodate out today! Speaking of the devil.. :yahoo:

Check my thread"Two new updates for ATV1 and ATV2 are out today" to see how to install it.

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

I cant believe it. Amazon Video has NOT been updated! Still version 4.1.121!!!

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

On ATV1, Amazon Video version is still the very ancient 4.1.70.

Unbelievable. nVIDIA SHIELD got an update which is supposed to fix several sync issues. Sony... nothing...

How can one not lose all faith in this company?

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

However, Amazon Video looks totally different now...

aiv.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Not on mine (Android 7.0). It looks exactly like before. The only difference is that after launching it, it informed me that now Amazon Video is multi-language. Before it was English only. I have switched back the language to English (I like the original VO when possible) and it still looks the same.